Author Topic: "Derisory" sentences  (Read 2132 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
"Derisory" sentences
« on: June 30, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »
I have seen quite a few of these cop chase programmes {Traffic cops, Interceptors etc} and I look at the carnage created by these morons trying to escape the clutches of the law and when they are caught and brought to book what happens? I'll tell you, £$%%&* all that's what happens.
To the career criminal getting caught is an occupational hazard, but the derisory sentences metered out to these morons, when caught, makes our judicial system the laughing stock of the world.
Have you ever wondered why we get so many crooked people coming to England to ply their "trade" it's simple, should they be caught and heaven forbid incarcerated, our prisons are like holiday camps in comparison to other countries. 
One episode a "career" drug dealer led the police on a 42 mile chase along a motorway hitting innocent motorists as he tried to flee, when they finally stopped him they found a small child with it's mother sat in the back of the car.  All that damage, distress and mayhem he caused and a record as long as your arm and he got less than 3 years, with time served in custody and "good behaviour" he could be out in less than 18 months.
Cross over the pond and a similar situation he would have got a minimum of 10 years. Say what you like about the Americans when they pass sentence, they pass sentence.
Take the sentencing, in the U.S. of an ex police officer charged with rape and other offences, he got 263 years. Straight away you think what a stupid sentence, but is it? because of the severity of the crimes and the fact he was a police officer sworn to "Protect and Serve" this reflected in his sentencing, even with time off for good behaviour he will never see the light of day again.

In this country we DESPERATELY need an overall of the judicial system.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
Re: "Derisory" sentences
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 12:36:06 AM »
Even worse is if the criminals are Chesterfield Borough Council Employees going round atacking people the Crown Prosecution Service refuse to take the criminals to court and the Labour Council Leader assists in the cover up, is it any wonder that i was told by one policeman that CPS stads for couldnt prosecute sh*t.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 03:37:28 PM »
Even worse is if the criminals are Chesterfield Borough Council Employees going round atacking people the Crown Prosecution Service refuse to take the criminals to court and the Labour Council Leader assists in the cover up, is it any wonder that i was told by one policeman that CPS stads for couldnt prosecute sh*t.

I suspect that remark was a tongue in check quip but very inappropriate to be said  by any Police officer.

I don't watch the crime/ road cop programme's but do think that the crime should fit the punishment and that life should mean life.
Our country is becoming increasingly violent and knife crimes are on the up.
Unfortunately our Policing is under staffed and prison full!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »
A few weeks ago my daughter in law went shopping in Manchester  with my grandson and her car was stolen from a multi storey car park.When they came back and found it had gone they went to the car park office and they had seen it driven through the barriers but because it happened all the time by people not wanting to pay they had done nothing about it.
She rang the police and told them and then had to catch the train home.They had not been home long when the police rang to say they had stopped the car and got the driver but another had done  a runner .It then became a long drawn out saga but to cut a long story short  the police rang the other day and said the thief had been fined £120 and banned from driving for 6  months.
Bearing in mind he had a long list of similar offences and does not have a driving licence he has got of very lightly.She did not claim off her insurance and when added up her costs came to £350.What a joke.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
Umpire that is the annoying injustice here.
Innocent people end up paying for the criminal deeds done by others

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
I suspect that remark was a tongue in check quip but very inappropriate to be said  by any Police officer.

I don't watch the crime/ road cop programme's but do think that the crime should fit the punishment and that life should mean life.
Our country is becoming increasingly violent and knife crimes are on the up.
Unfortunately our Policing is under staffed and prison full!
i think this was as a result of frustration with the system, as he felt they had done all the work in building up a case only to have the CPS come along and refuse to proceed even when the evidence is cast in iron,

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »
Since retiring I gave some passing thought to seeing if I would be eligible to become a magistrate.

Looking it up it got off to a good start "Magistrates will be selected & appointed solely on merit"
                                                       "You must be available for at least 13 days a year"

Unfortunately, "You will not be considered if you are 65 or over as magistrates retire at 70" so that's me out!!

Apart from that I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let me hang people, {pity} but hey we live in hope.   
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 05:06:24 PM »
Since retiring I gave some passing thought to seeing if I would be eligible to become a magistrate.

Looking it up it got off to a good start "Magistrates will be selected & appointed solely on merit"

Unfortunately, "You will not be considered if you are 65 or over as magistrates retire at 70" so that's me out!!

Apart from that I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let me hang people, {pity} but hey we live in hope.

Nor chop off their fingers/hands  ::)

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »

i understand your dissapointment however should you apply for a job as a pavements security guard, they will not let you hang people YET, but they will allow you to beat up anybody you see fit under any spurious pretext, should you get the job, my advice to ensure you fall in line with council policies is you might want to make sure the that the people you attack are innocent of any crime, then you will fit right in.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 09:05:14 PM »
All DCC employees I.e. paid for by you & I out of council tax. Or are the Beetwell st private & therefore subject to different terms of physical engagement to the regular police?
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk