Author Topic: Paper and Bottle Banks  (Read 40302 times)

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
Paper and Bottle Banks
« on: May 22, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »
This may have been posted sometime earlier but I haven't noticed whether it has ......

So, there's a noticeable lack of paper and bottle banks in Inkersall/Staveley.  They've been gone for weeks now.  Is it the same in Chesterfield?  And does anyone know why?

Considering the insert in the blue bin is inadequate, the paper banks in particular were a good local facility.  I am actually missing them.

Just wondering  :)

Big Dave

• View Profile
Re: Paper and Bottle Banks
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:25:22 PM »
Same in Chesterfield, the ones along our road went soon after the blue bins appeared. We now take cardboard to the recycling place on Sheffield Road.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »
We have large burgundy bins in our area which have replaced to small blue ones, having now a blck, green and burgundy bin lined up outside I am changing our house name to 'Stig's'  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

k4blades

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:47:13 AM »
 :)) :))

Isn't there a recycling center behind the Healthy Living Center in Stavely. I don't know if they are bottle banks, paper, clothes or whatever, but I drive past them often.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
we've had this on another thread. The council figure that if you aren't prepared to put bottles and paper in a bin in your back yard you're not going to drive to a recycling site to do it.
I would assume for bulk recycling (say after one of Pete's wild parties  :o) you can still take them to Sheffield Road.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
we've had this on another thread. The council figure that if you aren't prepared to put bottles and paper in a bin in your back yard you're not going to drive to a recycling site to do it.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong, walking past the 'old' recycling site on Chester Street yesterday and someone has bothered to drive/walk/crawl to the site and deposit a carrier bag full of (beer) bottles!!  ;)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »
Thought they were gone now? Walk on chester st every day it looks a bit odd to not see the recycle bins however people took the liberty in putting other kinds of rubbish there. Surfice to say im kind of glad in a way they have gone from the area. Though the paper/cardboard part of the blue bin isnt big enough you end up with bags out with yer bin...

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
Do you not now have the Burgundy Bins for recycling?
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

~Aitch~

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
Not yet .... just Grey, green and blue at the moment.   I'm hoping for pink next  ;)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »
Do you not now have the Burgundy Bins for recycling?

Chezzy have blue bins
Boza have burgundy bins

Chezzy can't put cardboard in the main bin, just in the insert. Ridiculous  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 05:28:18 PM »
The whole recycling thing in Derbyshire is ridiculous - surely the councils can think collectively and come up with a county-wide policy?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
Welcome to Derbyshire  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 05:50:15 PM »
>> The whole recycling thing in Derbyshire is ridiculous - surely the councils can think collectively and come up with a county-wide policy?

But that would mean the Cons talking to Labour and vice versa...  ::)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
>> The whole recycling thing in Derbyshire is ridiculous - surely the councils can think collectively and come up with a county-wide policy?

But that would mean the Cons talking to Labour and vice versa...  ::)

It seems to work elsewhere: http://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »
Went out to tender and got the best deal, massive saving on the previous contract so it's up to them where they recycle.
NEDDC have cardboard in the main part of bin but they are inferior to CBC in that they take a couple of weeks to get back to the right day after bank holidays and they don't do both recycling bins on the same day

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk