Author Topic: Rebellion in the air tonight . A cut too far PIP.  (Read 3367 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
Rebellion in the air tonight . A cut too far PIP.
« on: March 18, 2016, 09:27:36 AM »
For many disabled people the unneeded destruction of Disability Living Allowance was a huge blow its replacement Personal Independence Payment  was designed with the sole purpose to save money at any price by making gaining points impossible not unlike Employment and Support Allowance Work Capability Assessment. I find it inonic that another Tory Prime Minster is dismantling another's Tory Prime Minster work . John Major during his premiership he brought in Incapacity Benefit and Disability Living Allowance to help disabled people in their daily lives so they had the means too enjoy a full meaningful life . I believe the real desire on this unwelcomed war on the most valuable in our society is based on political ideology not welfare reform as soon as the Tory's had won their election victory guess who was first on the target list - the disabled. In the recent budget the disabled were yet again on the hit list why break with tradition ? Ian Duncan Smith has already got his cut to ESA its time for PIP to get cut I'm sure Mr Smith was thinking of ways to come up with to find ways to make it impossible for the disabled to get PIP so we will remove points for aids hell yeah thats a sure far winner its all smiles . Osborne then announces his grand plans for PIP o' dear not everyone in the party faithful agrees theirs threats of rebellion on the Tory backbenchers Mr Smith now got to find ways to convince them its all panic time and the media are highlighting the cut they wished too hide . Jamaicans have a saying ' what goes around comes around' the political loose has been tighted.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion in the air tonight . A cut too far PIP.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
The cuts are to the Aids WCT - Toileting and Dressing/Undressing from what I can gather, although have to admit I haven't had the chance to look too deeply into it as yet.

The  link may be helpful

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2016/march/pip-needs-change-pip-does-not-need-change
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 02:15:55 PM »
Here you are - you can 'do your bit' by supporting this petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/124413

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 05:05:20 PM »
Here you are - you can 'do your bit' by supporting this petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/124413
We need more than petition for this government!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 06:36:54 PM »
Yes but for now sign it.
There is quite a bit going on around this and it may well be changed -  ;)

If I hear anything I will post.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 09:21:57 PM »
Ian Duncan Smith has resigned! His quote from ITV News:
I am incredibly proud of the welfare reforms that the Government has delivered over the last five years. Those reforms have helped to generate record rates of employment and in particular a substantial reduction in workless households.
As you know, the advancement of social justice was my driving reason for becoming part of your ministerial team and I continue to be grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to serve. You have appointed good colleagues to my department who I have enjoyed working with. It has been a particular privilege to work with with excellent civil servants and the outstanding Lord Freud and other ministers including my present team, throughout all of my time at the Department of Work and Pensions.
I truly believe that we have made changes that will greatly improve the life chances of the most disadvantaged people in this country and increase their opportunities to thrive. A nation's commitment to the least advantaged should include the provision of a generous safety-net but it should also include incentive structures and practical assistance programmes to help them live independently of the state. Together, we've made enormous strides towards building a system of social security that gets the balance right between state-help and self-help.
Throughout these years, because of the perilous public finances we inherited from the last Labour administration, difficult cuts have been necessary. I have found some of these cuts easier to justify than others but aware of the economic situation and determined to be a team player I have accepted their necessity.
You are aware that I believe the cuts would have been even fairer to younger families and people of working age if we had been willing to reduce some of the benefits given to better-off pensioners but I have attempted to work within the constraints that you and the Chancellor set.
I have for some time and rather reluctantly come to believe that the latest changes to benefits to the disabled and the context in which they've been made are, a compromise too far. While they are defensible in narrow terms, given the continuing deficit, they are not defensible in the way they were placed within a Budget that benefits higher earning taxpayers. They should have instead been part of a wider process to engage others in finding the best way to better focus resources on those most in need.
I am unable to watch passively whilst certain policies are enacted in order to meet the fiscal self-imposed restraints that I believe are more and more perceived as distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest. Too often my team and I have been pressured in the immediate run up to a budget or fiscal event to deliver yet more reductions to the working age benefit bill. There has been too much emphasis on money saving exercises and not enough awareness from the Treasury, in particular, that the government's vision of a new welfare-to-work system could not be repeatedly salami-sliced.
It is therefore with enormous regret that I have decided to resign. You should be very proud of what this government has done on deficit reduction, corporate competitiveness, education reforms and devolution of power. I hope as the government goes forward you can look again, however, at the balance of the cuts you have insisted upon and wonder if enough has been done to ensure "we are all in this together".
Last updated Fri 18 Mar 2016
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 09:33:23 PM »
because of the perilous public finances we inherited from the last Labour administration

The useless bas*****  ;D :D :)) 8)  >;
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 10:10:53 PM »
Dam you beat me to it. One down the rest of the government to follow.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 10:17:58 PM »
The useless bas*****  ;D :D :)) 8)  >;
He's also one of the Tory's "rebellious" get us out of the EU mob apparently.Not on his own either within their ranks. There are rumblings within the" Con" - servative party. It's falling apart as we speak. (y)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
I think he's done the decent thing actually - austerity has forced him to make decisions he was unhappy with and he's been burdened with the flack and he's said f@ck it, I've had enough.It was a step too far he said openly & honestly :(
His reputation will be enhanced on TV tomorrow & he will go into the "Leave EU" campaign full time.
This will wreck the Tories - Cameron's supposed deal with the EU, Osbourne's budgeting skills at scraping the bottom of a barrel level. >;
Is it the beginning of the end - should be an interesting day in the House of Commons tomorrow should they turn up and not fall asleep as usual. ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:10:46 PM by Scimitar »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »
Well now  it's all been kicking off hasn't it !!

Only been out for a birthday meal with hubby and daughter 'hubbies birthday' hic!

Before I went out I was following the Brussels saga - -----

Good news lets hope more follow or better still scrap this PIP change and boot out the people who put it in!

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 11:47:23 PM »
Farage must be asleep (y)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »
The people in the UK have never 'been in this altogether' there has always been them and us -

IDS has been long disliked in the disabled community, who know doubt when I go over to the site will be rejoicing and hoping that this will be the start of a fairer deal for them!
So many were worried sick about this latest shaving off of their support.

My daughter uses this money to help to pay for her support with personal care - if she lost it she wouldn't be able to wash/ dress as she wouldn't have money to pay for this.
This is the reality of what these people are doing.

As for Farage - he can stay asleep  ;)

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 09:22:44 PM »
The cuts to PIP have been dropped and a new welfare minster has been appointed allegedly a single mum who lived on benefits a political coup no doubt designed in hope things will mellow down.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
Stephen Crabb has taken over from IDS. He was brought up by a single mum with not a good start to his life.

A shady character I reckon ( but then he's no different to many others).
I think he's been on 'the fiddle' for expenses in the past!

For now the planned descriptor changes are shelved??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk