Author Topic: 'OUT' of Europe  (Read 6180 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
'OUT' of Europe
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
Heres to the start of a new chapter for the UK  (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

who can tell

• View Profile
Re: 'OUT' of Europe
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
Thank you Britain  ;D Cameron set resign by October.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 01:04:54 PM »
What happened with Boris????

We were told he was due to come and and speak - shortly.
After an hour apparently he came out minus speech and buggered orf I believe.

I had given up by this time, somewhere to be but hubby was waiting?????????
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:45:49 PM »
Its been a eventful day first the Britex victory, Cameron stepping down as Prime Minster. Not wanting to be left the SNP are likely to want a second independence vote soon the EU want us out now someone in London wants to make London a city state and the pound fell on the stock market Labour have decided they want a new leader . Its fair to say Britain going to change despite the voices of doom we are a strong people their will tears and highs along this journey think positive and give it time.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
Not forgetting Jeremy Corbyn has been handed a vote of 'No Confidence'
Is that -
A   because he's a crap leader - always has been IMHO

B   The party are expecting an early election and want a stronger leader in place to help them win seats??

Oh ---- and Tesco's Petrol pumps were choca - is fuel expected to go up???????

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »
A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.
Not my post - I copied it to be honest but sums up my thoughts  (y)
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »
pleased you shared that though scimitar as it puts things a bit clearer for thicko's like me.
Cameroon's resignation in the morning then lost touch with most of the news after that only picking up highlights.

Lots of changes ahead for us all then.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »
One I've copied.

So in the same Day Britain decides to leave the EU.
Boeing decides to station it's European base in the UK.
The German treasury minister 'invites' UK to be an associate member.
USA changes its tune and says no change in special relationship
David Cameron resigns
Talk of political change and the end of the two useless parties we currently have.
Bank of England has reserves of £250 billion set aside for the potential time of uncertainty.
Euro still at €1.22 to the pound it was before the vote.
And people thought the sky was about to fall in
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »
Yes fly and to the people who want another vote just get over it - your vote didn't get you to stay in lets just get on with it now eh.
Just like the mardy football fans shouting 'foul' when the other side scores a winning goal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »
Some of the name calling by the IN crew has been downright rude I think OC  :(
People in glass houses etc  ::)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »
I was tired of listening to the campaigning about the one we just voted for - heaven for bid we should have another!!

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
I think the last vote was enough for most if it had gone on much longer it could have got a lot more nasty than it was. Leave won the day time to move on and get struck in.

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 11:07:21 PM »
Of course you know they will get the decision over turned don't you? >:(............ Money talks..........it always has and always will!
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
Of course you know they will get the decision over turned don't you? >:(............ Money talks..........it always has and always will!
And then undermines the electorates will , we the people have been given the choice we voted leave to go against that would risk civil break drown or civil war. I noticed the MPs who are stiring this idea are super rich or London based. This morning George Osborne has reappeared and  has gaven a non speech in hope to keep the markets happy the fact is Cameron needs to go now along with Osborne if both unwilling to kick start Article 50. We need an General Election stag is The Tories don't have a leader as such Labour party is falling apart the Liberals leader clearly doesn't listen to the electorate the only thing left as a stop gap is to form a cross party provisional government to stabilise things in the mean time.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:06:01 AM by who can tell »

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
Yes I didn't say there wouldn't be trouble, but I still think they will find a way to keep us in the EU. That's why Cameron has not invoked article 50 immediately as he said he would if there was a leave vote.

Read this from the Guardian:-  If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this.

When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was “never”. When Michael Gove went on and on about “informal negotiations” ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk