Author Topic: search bar  (Read 545 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
search bar
« on: October 31, 2023, 11:47:21 AM »
Not being a computer whizz...........

Over the past few days I have noticed stuff on my search bar that I know I didn't look up, mainly for iron tablets and foundation and beauty products {which I am totally uninterested in anyway} so they don't appear random they are specific products, I certainly didn't look them up or click on their specific sites so I'm just wondering how they got there.
Is there a possibility that someone close by is using my wi fi signal and if so how and how do I prevent it?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: search bar
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 12:52:41 AM »
How do we know you made this post and not them?

Get rid of all the search bars you may have on your main browser page. If you want to search for something, go to Google.co.uk from a new window within your browser.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 08:35:14 PM »
Did that Fly, it seems to have done the trick for now.

One more quickie......anyone out there use Nord V.P.N. and if so is it as good at doing it's job as they say?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 01:32:33 PM »
Tagging onto this post I am having a slight problem with my printer, every time I print out a letter for example there are evenly spaced white lines running through parts of the text. I don't want to mess with it as I don't know how serious {or easily} the problem can be fixed and I don't want to blow myself up!

I was thinking of ringing up someone in town that services them but I've no idea what he charges or is likely to charge, anyway looking online I can get a brand new one for under £35 unfortunately they all seem to be wireless and I prefer wired.

I just wonder if anyone out there has a quick fix solution without me having to strip it down, I've looked on you tube and everyone seems to have a different solution.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 08:07:51 PM »
What software are you using to write the letters. I'm just wondering if stray 'Newline' characters are getting inserted into your documents?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 11:06:36 AM »
Is it an ink jet printer? How often do you use it? I reckon ink jets need to be used often....which is why I use laser printers these days...

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 07:09:08 PM »
It's inkjet smithy and I've only just replaced the cartridges, and Fly I just write out my letters on this Acer Chromebook laptop and use this to print them, never had the problem till recently and it's got worse.

I did look up the prices of new and even though they are listed as wireless in their Q&A's section it was mentioned you can still use a lead if preferred.

Before this Canon I had a basic H.P. printer, I've had this printer about 3 years now and the H.P. I'd had for the best part of 15 years and I got rid of it only last year as it was very slow at printing.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 07:02:23 PM »
Problem solved.

Went to Argos and bought the same model, plugged it in using the same {new} cartridges out of the old printer...still the same.
Ergo the only common denominator between the two must be the cartridges, the new cartridges supplied with the new printer I put into my old printer "EUREKA" 

Been buying these cartridges years and never had any trouble so didn't dawn on me it could be them, from now on genuine cartridges for my TWO printers.

P.S.  Emailed cartridge company explaining above.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 12:28:50 PM »
I always buy original printer ink, the issue with my latest Scanner/printer is - it's crap. Not a patch on my last one.
It's not the one I wanted when I visited Curry's as it was out of stock as were some others. I really needed one though so bought this H.P Deskjet 2721 - avoid!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk