Author Topic: Business or just plain tactless?  (Read 3706 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Business or just plain tactless?
« on: February 07, 2019, 02:08:44 PM »
It has been revealed that the French club Nantes is demanding the transfer fee {£15m} of their ex player Emiliano Sala from Cardiff.

Everyone knows by now what's happened, so is this very bad taste on their part or is it business deal that everyone has signed off on and must be honoured.
It's a "funny" one this in so far as this has set a president, we are talking about a human being here not a second hand car.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Business or just plain tactless?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »
Yes I saw that and, whilst it may be the hard face of business that deems it should still be honoured, I think it's too soon to start chasing after the money given the circumstances.

I see on the news this morning that one body has been recovered, but the identity has yet to be released.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
What I find very unpalatable about this is why has it become news out in the public domain anyway, there was no reason at all for this to be made public.

All it took is for the manager of one team to quietly ring the manager of the other team and sensitively come to an arrangement.
After all if the shoe was on the other foot what would Cardiff do?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »
I suppose technically they are owed the money if the legalities had been completed.
Very bad taste and utterly disrepectful though   >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »
I suppose technically they are owed the money if the legalities had been completed.
Very bad taste and utterly disrepectful though   >:(

What she said  :( :'(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 10:04:18 AM »
Cardiff were happy enough that all was done and dusted to announce him as their player, now they are checking the paperwork to make sure its all ok. Whilst its probably not great that they are battling this out in public Cardiff owe the money to Nantes for what they agreed. With transfers these days whilst it may be £15m in total there will be instalments and potentially some of it due if he makes so many appearances or scores so many goals.

I can sort of see Nantes point of view in all this...Cardiff were happy to pay the fee agreed to take the player off them and were happy to make a big announcement they'd signed him then this happens and all of a sudden Cardiff are holding back on paying what they owe. Compared to the English Premier League the French league isnt awash with TV money etc so the smaller clubs rely on transfer money like this to keep them going. This is a massive amount of money for a club like Nantes.

Interesting side point to this....the flight was arranged by a football agent by the name of Willie Mckay after Sala spoke to Mckay's son who is on the books at Cardiff about getting a flight. Said son, Jack Mckay, has since signed for Chesterfield on loan and has been cleared to make his debut this weekend if selected.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk