Author Topic: Attendance Allowance ( monies which pensioners can claim if they need support)  (Read 926 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
If this happens they may as well just shoot us when we reach 65!!

Many of our elderly rely on this to help pay for someone to support them - with the current cutting back of under 65's support this will I think be just one more big mess for the oldies!

TORIES PLAN TO AXE ALL NEW ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE CLAIMS
A single paragraph in the Local Government Finance Settlement published before Christmas sounded the death knell for attendance allowance (AA).

The government is to launch a consultation on abolishing AA for all new claims and handing the money over to local councils to pay for support for older people.Image of PIP claims guide

Benefits and Work readers will be familiar by now with the fact that the DWP consults and then does what it intended to, regardless of the outcome of the consultation.

The big question is, once attendance allowance for claimants aged 65 or over with care needs is abolished, how long will it be before PIP for older claimants also faces the axe?

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
I'm not political by any means but I'm truly baffled as to why people voted Cameron in ?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Strange that people don't own up to voting for him WCT, but he's ruthless and heartless, works in crafty underhand ways to get what he wants - not a good person!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk