Author Topic: The Meltdown has begun  (Read 1059 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
The Meltdown has begun
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »
I like to keep track of what's happening on the stock market their are some worrying signs that a crash similar to what happened in 2008 could well be on the horizon. Most if not all counties on this planet have huge debts that are still growing by the day. Governments borrow from their cental banks and have shares overseas that are called gilts and borrowing either from the International Monetary Fund and the European Union to balance their books. The UK is still borrowing more than the Gross National Product produces each year making repayments difficult and no matter how deep the government cuts on its spending their is a huge shortfall. It is estimated that the UK deficit will reach a eye watering 1.46Trillion pounds in 2016 which is outside the UK's GNP . If the markets keep falling and shares keep losing their value it is possible that a crash could follow and even deeper recession than previously seen will happen and bail outs will not be possible due to the already deficit not been payed . Printing more money on the surface looks a great ideabut only causes hyper inflation similar to what happened in Germany after the 1929 crash. So who will help us or get the blame ?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: The Meltdown has begun
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:57:35 PM »
I'm not a gambling person and wouldn't chance it on the Stock Market. I have two relatives who lost quite a bit of money in the high stakes of Stock Market.
I have for many years had monies in the 'no risk' part though, and have plodded along with this very nicely and it has accrued over the years.
Ok it's not been a 'get rich quick' investment but still made a great little nest egg ------ now what to spend it on ------oh up pops daughter who says muuuuum  ::) 

If we are in for a recession it won't affect it but obviously it won't make anything either - may just have to answer daughter and say 'Yes what do you want now'!!!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: The Meltdown has begun
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 01:06:41 AM »
I like to keep track of what's happening on the stock market their are some worrying signs that a crash similar to what happened in 2008 could well be on the horizon. Most if not all counties on this planet have huge debts that are still growing by the day. Governments borrow from their cental banks and have shares overseas that are called gilts and borrowing either from the International Monetary Fund and the European Union to balance their books. The UK is still borrowing more than the Gross National Product produces each year making repayments difficult and no matter how deep the government cuts on its spending their is a huge shortfall. It is estimated that the UK deficit will reach a eye watering 1.46Trillion pounds in 2016 which is outside the UK's GNP . If the markets keep falling and shares keep losing their value it is possible that a crash could follow and even deeper recession than previously seen will happen and bail outs will not be possible due to the already deficit not been payed . Printing more money on the surface looks a great ideabut only causes hyper inflation similar to what happened in Germany after the 1929 crash. So who will help us or get the blame ?
We leave the EU & stop paying £55 nillion pounds a day to them
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk