Author Topic: Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !  (Read 3291 times)

Tarzan

• View Profile
Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »
I don't watch such crap as "celebrity" big brother,& i don't know what this is all about, but does this woman really deserve to have her career ruined & be forced from the role of cinderella at the pomegranate by the derbyshire times led hate campaign ?
https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/roxanne-pallett-steps-down-from-playing-cinderella-in-chesterfield-pantomime-1-9333984

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »
She started it with accusations and trying to discredit a fellow famous contestant on CBB. She later retracted her accusations, apparently.
The DT have just picked up on the story because she was to appear in panto in town.
Hardly ruining her career. She's capable of that herself lol  8) (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »
The word Celebrity seems to be bandied about freely nowadays, It basically refers to ANYONE who has, by accident or design, been in the public gaze for whatever reason, in other words their "15 minutes of fame".
Most of these celebs are talentless no hopers that have somehow managed to create a [career], enough to be given the title, and if it was possible to rate them below Z list I would.

One of those many "celebs" I would definitely put in this category is Scarlet Moffatt. She is billed as "The celeb from Gogglebox" that's not even a proper programme! it's absolute sh*te, and no, I've never seen it, just looking at the trailers for it was enough for me.
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of T.V. channels out there and each one contains a very high percentage of tripe, take quiz shows as an example, these are just about 5 or 6  formats that have been re hashed and re hashed. Take "Would I lie to you" introduced by Rob Bryden {another Z lister} for example, this is updated "Tell the truth" and "He said she said", what's next? Celebrity nose picking, you examine a bogey and then guess which celebrities nose it came from {and yes certain people WOULD watch it} 

If you condensed all the entertaining {good} programmes together and got rid of all the dross you would end up with just one T.V. channel showing about 20 hours of telly a week, just think of what you could do with all that spare time you spent watching the box.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 08:08:16 PM »
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of T.V. channels out there and each one contains a very high percentage of tripe,

Kay Burley {Sky news} 12th December.....
"Without Rupert Murdoch we'd still be watching four t.v. channels and having the news in bite sized chunks at meal times".

NOW WE KNOW WHO'S AT FAULT!!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
I don't care if there's 500 channels full of tripe. No one forces people to watch them, plus they keep some people occupied, elderly, etc which must be a good thing  (y)

What I don't like are programmes that are supposed to be news, or public information, that try to shove things onto you as fact.

Some years ago, me and my late father were listening via a radio ham receiver to some part coded broadcasts from Bosnia by the Reuters news agency. We were using a decoder I had built. The thing is, what was reported on the BBC and other Uk networks later in the day was nothing like what we'd read earlier. I understand some things are toned down when conflicts are occuring, but almost turning a story to suit ???

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
Fake news has been around since the year dot..... but then, until recently, it was called lying, and it was easier to discover.

This is what comes of society when the machines start to take over our lives. I haven't bought a paper to read seriously for many years I just glance through it then it's straight to the crossword page, same with the D.Times, quick look at the headlines then onto the head and shoulders page then crossword and that's it.
Obviously I have remarked on here occasionally that I may have picked a snippet of information up from a paper, but I usually try and check the stories origin if I can.

As for certain channels possibly keeping the elderly entertained, maybe so but many's the time on my last job, when visiting o.a.p.'s finding some sat watching back to back Jeremy Kyle, Springer, et al  usually not because they want to watch it, it was usually down to the "carers" putting it on because THEY wanted to watch it, instead of getting on with their jobs, and then going leaving poor old Gladys to sit through that tripe because the t.v. remote is out of reach.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
Fake news has been around since the year dot..... but then, until recently, it was called lying, and it was easier to discover.

This is what comes of society when the machines start to take over our lives. I haven't bought a paper to read seriously for many years I just glance through it then it's straight to the crossword page, same with the D.Times, quick look at the headlines then onto the head and shoulders page then crossword and that's it.
Obviously I have remarked on here occasionally that I may have picked a snippet of information up from a paper, but I usually try and check the stories origin if I can.

As for certain channels possibly keeping the elderly entertained, maybe so but many's the time on my last job, when visiting o.a.p.'s finding some sat watching back to back Jeremy Kyle, Springer, et al  usually not because they want to watch it, it was usually down to the "carers" putting it on because THEY wanted to watch it, instead of getting on with their jobs, and then going leaving poor old Gladys to sit through that tripe because the t.v. remote is out of reach.

Don't get me started on Carers Sorastro I have just got rid of yet another agency making it four in total over the last few years. Some should never be in the job!!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 01:44:22 PM »
Don't get me started on Carers Sorastro I have just got rid of yet another agency making it four in total over the last few years. Some should never be in the job!!!

You're right O.C. I could tell you tales of some of the antics of "carers" me and some of the other drivers came across when delivering to the pensioners. I must stress I'm not tarring every carer with the same brush, there are really dedicated ones out there but as in all walks of life there are bad apples.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 02:48:54 PM »
My sister lives in a residential care home with 4 others, all of whom have learning difficulties.

It transpired that one of the carers was bullying the residents verbally, unfortunately due to their disabilities, they were unable to voice their concerns. Fortunately when a new carer started they witnessed it and reported the carer. Fortunately, despite the carers protestations of being innocent, that person has been sacked.

It's worrying enough when a relative has to be placed in a care home, without the fear of them being mistreated in any way.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 01:26:41 AM »
My sister lives in a residential care home with 4 others, all of whom have learning difficulties.

It transpired that one of the carers was bullying the residents verbally, unfortunately due to their disabilities, they were unable to voice their concerns. Fortunately when a new carer started they witnessed it and reported the carer. Fortunately, despite the carers protestations of being innocent, that person has been sacked.

It's worrying enough when a relative has to be placed in a care home, without the fear of them being mistreated in any way.

Oh dear I am saddened and angry that this happened to your sister Alsatian, what a worry for you.
Baduns will always creep through the net though sadly.

Home care agencies are my thorn in the side we have the CQC but they only regulate once in a while and the agency I chose had gained two consecutive good CQC reports - how ?????

Right from day one I had concerns and social care called two reviews over the period of time they were in my relatives.

They don't bank on someone over seeing what they do in the home who knows what should and shouldn't be happening.

Poor log keeping, no interest in the person they were going in to care for, poorly trained, three discrepancies with medication the last one they tried to cover up by throwing away medication not administered-  but too late - I had seen it! I had left it in the blister pack - it was removed! I left the carers a note saying
Noted medication you failed to administer on ( date) has been removed!! I signed my name and reported yet again another mistake to social care who seem powerless to some extent and I don't know why!!
Maybe they are short of agencies!!

Anyway they are gone now and i have another agency in who immediately took control of what needed doing. It's going well !!
They were so crafty - the calls were 30 minutes and more often than not they only stayed 10 mins!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 02:34:55 PM »
Unfortunately O.C. as in most walks of life quality gives way to quantity. My granddaughter is a carer and works for an agency and all these agencies are as bad as one another. It's the pen pushers and bean counters in these places that set the "schedules".
You can't tell them that no two days are alike, no two visits are alike, they give these carers almost impossible schedules to keep to, so if they turn up at a call and the lady has fallen and requires a bit more attention this is not taken into consideration back at base, maximum effort, minimum time.

A couple of times on my last job I delivered to o.a.p.'s and found them in distress. One such case, in Stocksbridge, the lady had fallen in her kitchen cracking the back of her head as she went down, when I arrived, as luck would have it she was lucid, so I got her up sat her on a kitchen chair and put a tea towel on the back of her head, I then contacted the carer service on the phone explained the situation and they said they would dispatch her carers straight away as normally they would not be there for at least another hour, so I decided to stay with her till help arrived, meanwhile I contacted her daughter {who lived about 80 miles away} and explained the situation and she said she would come straight away. 45 minutes later the carers finally turned up and decided to ring for an ambulance, I said if you had told me that's what you were going to do I could have done that and they would be here tending to her quicker than you getting here. 
They told me off for picking her up off the floor saying they would have left her there till an ambulance had come and assessed her, so the poor old dear would have been flat on her back on a cold floor for over three hours.
All ended well in the end, The daughter sent our office an E mail saying after a few days in hospital her mother will now be living with her. 

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 06:56:39 PM »
Unfortunately O.C. as in most walks of life quality gives way to quantity. My granddaughter is a carer and works for an agency and all these agencies are as bad as one another. It's the pen pushers and bean counters in these places that set the "schedules".
You can't tell them that no two days are alike, no two visits are alike, they give these carers almost impossible schedules to keep to, so if they turn up at a call and the lady has fallen and requires a bit more attention this is not taken into consideration back at base, maximum effort, minimum time.

A couple of times on my last job I delivered to o.a.p.'s and found them in distress. One such case, in Stocksbridge, the lady had fallen in her kitchen cracking the back of her head as she went down, when I arrived, as luck would have it she was lucid, so I got her up sat her on a kitchen chair and put a tea towel on the back of her head, I then contacted the carer service on the phone explained the situation and they said they would dispatch her carers straight away as normally they would not be there for at least another hour, so I decided to stay with her till help arrived, meanwhile I contacted her daughter {who lived about 80 miles away} and explained the situation and she said she would come straight away. 45 minutes later the carers finally turned up and decided to ring for an ambulance, I said if you had told me that's what you were going to do I could have done that and they would be here tending to her quicker than you getting here. 
They told me off for picking her up off the floor saying they would have left her there till an ambulance had come and assessed her, so the poor old dear would have been flat on her back on a cold floor for over three hours.
All ended well in the end, The daughter sent our office an E mail saying after a few days in hospital her mother will now be living with her.

Unfortunately I have witnessed your above comments Sorastro.
I knew some of what was happening was the agency and not all the staff, who were unfortunately poorly trained. It won't happen for long on my patch!
Some agencies have managers running them and I am more qualified than they are.

What Social Care need are their own staff who are employed specifically to monitor agencies but they won't get it as there's no money.

In the incident you dealt with you did the best you could that is all we can do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk