Author Topic: Cleaning up after Dogs outside  (Read 2697 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Cleaning up after Dogs outside
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »
This seems to be a problem in every area, I know it is in our village.

We have bins around the village for dog owners to pop their dogs poop into but some just don't bother.
Parish Council has some Security Camera's around but they don't help as the poop is in areas where there are no cameras.

CBC are running a survey on this problem.

https://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/PSPO

The link is below if anyone would like to have their say.

https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/siam/surveylanding/interviewer.asp
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
Re: Cleaning up after Dogs outside
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »
Completed.It is one of my pet hates along with schoolkids throwing all manner of sweet wrappings ,crisp packets,plastic bottles anywhere but where they should be put.
If the Enforcement Officers policed near the school near me they would make the council a fortune.

redadmiral

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »
Well said Umpire. I am with you on this one.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 10:10:35 PM »
one of my pet hates

Very apt statement  ;)
And yes, there must be something more that the councils can do  >:(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »
The lazy dog owners are crafty though - they know where the cameras are, they also go early mornings!

As for sweet packaging I completely agree with you umpire I also think the first point of blame is towards parents who haven't brought their children up to dispose of them correctly.

Fag ends are now another offence aren't they?

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 08:12:25 PM »
OC I am not really sure what you mean about another offence,I thought it came under litter dropping.

With regard to dropping litter by school children  I daily walk across the park near me which lots of secondary school kids use.It has a litter bin at each end of the park but that is too much trouble to put rubbish  where it should be put.I frequently pick up plastic bottles within a yard or so of the path and I usually have to stop because I cannot carry any more.
We have just been abroad and as usual hardly saw any litter and the resort we stayed at was very busy.As you say its how they are brought up.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »
Regarding the statement 'another offence' Umpire I simply meant fag ends are also an offence. ( I just like to complicate things  ;) )

Have to say on our recent holiday abroad we also commented on how clean the streets were.
Are we breading a country of litter louts?

Where my daughter lives there is a pathway leading to the bungalows from the village pavement, yet people take their dogs down there to dump - and leave it!
If it gets onto her wheelchair wheels it's then all around her home on carpets!  >:(

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 08:58:32 PM »
The shop in Tupton on Sales Avenue I noticed the other morning had one of those road sweepers cleaning all the "left-overs" from the Tupton Hall early morning arrivals. They do the same on the bus to be honest - good kids, polite etc., but leave all sorts of rubbish behind on the bus.
I have been known before to say to kids "Where is that can you got on the bus with?" Erm, it's back there."Ok - go back and fetch it and I'll open the doors."
Pointless - they'll just drop it outside anyway!
Anyway - back to the original thread "Cleaning up after Dogs outside". How does a visually impaired person clean up after his/her guide dog does one?
I don't know the answer - just intrigued :-?
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
There's a person I've see in town who walks with a guide/helper dog.
I've seen him/her walk/barge straight into people who haven't seen him/her coming at times. I usually move out the way just to be safe.

Couple of time I've seen them picking up their dog's mess ?? :-X
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »
Not all visually impaired have really bad sight loss - it depends on their problem.

For instance, daughter is nearly blind in one eye, can see out of the other eye but can only read 3 rows down with it on the Opticians board - unless she's looking down with her good eye and face near the ground she won't see dog poop. It's the reason she now goes out only with someone with her as you may have noticed.

Others see differently some more than others.

As for picking it up if the dog stops ( maybe an indication that it's wanting to 'go' ) then the person should be able to see that it's dumped  - or get their nose to the ground  :-? - and clean it up - interesting take on it though and a good point!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
Just to add to my last post - I have either read or watch a documentary on Guide Dogs and I have in my mind that they can be 'Trained' to 'go' at certain times??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk