Author Topic: Late Night Club maybe opening in Chesterfield  (Read 2443 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Late Night Club maybe opening in Chesterfield
« on: October 23, 2016, 07:07:45 PM »
I'm not sure where Riley's was but this is the planned place to open a new Night Club -
Below is part of what is  reported in the Derbyshire Times.

Do we need or want another? Apparently it's the best thing to happen to Chesterfield for a long time?

Holmewood-based company Security and Facilities Management Services Ltd has applied for a premises licence to operate and open The Avenue in the building which used to occupy the Rileys snooker and pool club.

Documents submitted to Chesterfield Borough Council state: "This premises is to be a late-night destination venue providing a wide range of entertainment facilities for its customers. "There will be a variety of attractions including comedy nights, dance nights and live music acts. "The operators are responsible people with experience in the industry. "The premises will cater for both the daytime and night-time economies, opening as a bar during the day and evening and then a late-night venue into the early hours. "Although the application is for a 4am close on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, it is not anticipated that this will be used to its full extent every weekend. "The operators wish to provide an alternative venue to the only other late-night venue in the town with a completely different style of operation being more entertainment focused."

Full write up here
http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/new-late-night-venue-could-open-on-beetwell-street-in-chesterfield-1-8195363
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:10:28 PM by Old Cruser »
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Late Night Club maybe opening in Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »
Next door to the police station on Beetwell St. To the left as you look at the cop shop. Was Top Rank bingo once.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
Used to be a nighclub before Rileys was called Fever
I'm not bothered about nightclubs now but do we actually have any? I cant see that they will do that well that end of town anyway but meh

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:50:03 PM »
Been past it today and builders were in there - the shutters were up.
Seems ambitious TBH but good luck to whoever has had the guts to spend money on it!
As for footfall, it's not too far away from York House & Chandlers I suppose.
Good Luck to them :)
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »
What about Parking?
I know of the open one opposite Spire but not sure how big it is.
Doesn't the Multi Storey  close mid evening?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »
Used to be a nighclub before Rileys was called Fever
I'm not bothered about nightclubs now but do we actually have any? I cant see that they will do that well that end of town anyway but meh

Quite right when dating my partner we once went in club Fever , my partner went to the toilets only to find an hole in the floor instead of an toilet I think it was newly opened fair to say we didn't pay it an visit again. Iv noticed the Crooked Spire pub  opening and closing a lot recently I really don't think their is an call for nightclubs now as pubs or bars are open until the small hours. Unless this new club does something different I can't see it making any money.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk