Author Topic: I just can't stand the north east of England at all  (Read 344 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
I just can't stand the north east of England at all
« on: July 20, 2023, 11:24:09 PM »
Right so it's not my fault none of this. I've said this before and I'm going to say it again. I just don't like the north east of England or Northumberland.

Yes I have tried to move from here but got nowhere. Its not that easy. Having been up in this part of the country for way too many years and it is absolutely too many years, (why couldn't my dad have just married a chesterfield woman instead of a woman from the north east of England it would have been much better,  and no disrespect to my mum by the way when I say that) I would not be now typing this from Northumberland but I would have still been in chesterfield I know that I would. My dad even though he's dead he won't mind me saying that either about still being in chesterfield.

I mean take today for example me and my mum went out and it took about 5 minutes to look in the shops thats because there are very few here but they are also overpriced as many are but there isn't any variety of shops and when one food shop hasn't got what you need then it's off on a bus again the only bonus is that the bus fares are £2 at the moment. Getting back to Northumberland why just why. They go on and on about beaches up here like wow some sand and water then people just take their dogs there and let them off the leads and they run across to you and the owners of the dog say nothing when you are trying to keep out of the way of a out of control dog. Then in Northumberland the local people go on about some castles again wow ( chesterfield has the famous crooked spire which is much more interesting thanks) we went to one of the castles once and it was a right boring day it was just rooms full of tea cups and saucers behind glass cabinets we never went back i wasn't really bothered about going but my mum wanted to go.

So all I say is this chesterfield or Northumberland for me chesterfield all the time. I really did think that I would have moved back by now but it's just not that easy. Be greatful for what you still have in chesterfield because in this town I'm in it's like a ghost town.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: I just can't stand the north east of England at all
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 10:38:40 AM »
The grass is always greener on the other side as the saying goes but what is stopping you from moving back here? Is it finding a somewhere to live?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 09:55:33 PM »
The grass is always greener on the other side as the saying goes but what is stopping you from moving back here? Is it finding a somewhere to live?
Yeah it is just that finding a house that's in chesterfield. I mean as much as I could well we as my mum as well could move to somewhere near to chesterfield it would be best to be in chesterfield again it's self. We have looked but house prices and the market keeps going all over the place what with one thing or another.  I'd love to be back where I was born, going to visit is all good but it's the traveling and paying to stay somewhere and the trains are unreliable at the moment and not cheap either.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 10:39:26 AM »
Yeah it is just that finding a house that's in chesterfield. I mean as much as I could well we as my mum as well could move to somewhere near to chesterfield it would be best to be in chesterfield again it's self. We have looked but house prices and the market keeps going all over the place what with one thing or another.  I'd love to be back where I was born, going to visit is all good but it's the traveling and paying to stay somewhere and the trains are unreliable at the moment and not cheap either.

You may be better looking at surrounding areas/villages as they may be cheaper than Chesterfield, also it depends on the type of property you need doesn't it, Some areas are better than others as well. I know someone who is looking for a private rent house but struggling at the moment as there doesn't seem to be many around.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk