Author Topic: Interesting article about Chesterfield's night time Taxi drivers safety concerns  (Read 2463 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
On the ' Derbyshire Time's' website their is an article about Chesterfield's taxi drivers concrens about Coropration Street in the early hours . Their concern is that their should be more Police patrols around closing time as the area has quite a few bars and clubs who  close in the early hours of the morning. Their has been quite a few assaults and a recent case has furthered their concerns about working in the early hours one driver said the drinking hours should be reduced back to the old hours and closing at 11pm brought back where at present  some bars stay open until 5am. One driver went has far to say he didn't believe the town was safe at night and personally would not go out drinking around the town at night. Do you feel safe enough to go out to Chesterfield for a night out until the small hours?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Just the other year, the same, 'taxi driver', was making complaints about black and white taxis loitering on Corporation St with the aim of picking up a 'legal' hailed fare. I think he wanted all possible passengers to use Central Cars Private Hire booking office, which happens to be on Corporation St.(He works for them).
Perhaps more available taxis in the area might actually help to disperse the crowds at busier time, never mind more police ?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Maybe our drinking laws need to be looked at in terms of licensing.Young men & women drinking at home and then going out around midnight knowing they can carry on drinking for another 6 hours?
What was wrong with pubs shutting at 11pm and Nightclubs at 2pm?
At least that would stop the fights in the daylight hours as I witnessed a couple of weeks ago on Church Way around 05.40. Two lads with spattered blood stained shirts & a lass flat on her back in the middle of the road in front of my bus.
Would you blame a taxi driver or a bus driver for refusing them travel because they have been fighting and covered in blood?
Maybe I'm wrong and if the laws changed folks would still get drunk and fight - I'm old enough to have seen back in the Seventies so I suppose it might not be any different.
I picked 3 people up on the first 83 to Bolsover via Carr Vale one thursday morning - by the time I got to their stop the male was fast asleep and had pissed his trousers and the females got off and dropped their pants immediately for the nearest hedge bottom.
Colourful life innit (y)
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

who can tell

• View Profile
I really don't get why bars should be open until silly o' clock hours ? As it has been said its because people can buy their alcohol cheaper from the supermarket than bar prices we have created a ' pre - load ' culture it needs to be changed but habits die very hard. A+ E at weekends looks more like war zones than hospitals many are so far gone they are incapable of standing up or know who they are or where they are some take tablets on top on what they have drunk when asked any questions they can't speak to give an answer or worse attack the doctors or nurses who are just trying to help them. In the most worst cases some end up in the morgue the levels of alcohol in their blood is more often than not well above the legal drink drive level their livers and hearts damaged beyond hope or medical help. When I did go out years ago 11am to 11pm opening was enough nightclubs closed 2am surly if you can't enough booze in them hours you need help. The problem with Coropation Street you have bars next to each other so if some one can't served in one no problem go next door its only a small area and a narrow road if something kicks off others are more likely to join in. Would putting more taxis down their make any difference not sure.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:14:33 PM by who can tell »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
A few weeks ago we went to a white collar boxing event in Sheffield.
We walked across town to get on the last bus home and for a Saturday night thought it was pretty quiet.

If the early morning revellers want taxis then I suppose some parking bays for them near by would help get them out of the area.

The problem with drunks in A&E has been going on for years.
My late partner was an Ambulance Driver and told me many stories, at one time the drunks were treated and expected to be taken back home -
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
In time my daughter will be 18 she be able to go drinking in bars and clubs if she chose to. Me and my partner have talk about this subject a few times she will not want her mum and dad tagging along to see if she is OK I'm really dreading her going out alone. As we live at Dronfield she could either go to Sheffield or Chesterfield their is not much at Dronfield for an 18  year old  girl so its likely she will head to one or the other may stop out to the early hours as both places have such opening hours . Given what's happening now and the lack of Policing she could easily be a target for crime hopefully not I don't want anything to happened to her. I really do think opening hours should be reduced drastically perhaps a last bus for example at 12pm with bus stops and taxi ranks with a policy of any trouble they are banned from using them sounds harsh but if you give a regular trouble maker to much slack they we cause even more problems .

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
In time my daughter will be 18 she be able to go drinking in bars and clubs if she chose to. Me and my partner have talk about this subject a few times she will not want her mum and dad tagging along to see if she is OK I'm really dreading her going out alone. As we live at Dronfield she could either go to Sheffield or Chesterfield their is not much at Dronfield for an 18  year old  girl so its likely she will head to one or the other may stop out to the early hours as both places have such opening hours . Given what's happening now and the lack of Policing she could easily be a target for crime hopefully not I don't want anything to happened to her. I really do think opening hours should be reduced drastically perhaps a last bus for example at 12pm with bus stops and taxi ranks with a policy of any trouble they are banned from using them sounds harsh but if you give a regular trouble maker to much slack they we cause even more problems .

That's called being a parent WCT - x

who can tell

• View Profile
That's called being a parent WCT - x
So tire  :)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
I'm sure you are an admirable parent as well.
Your children determine your life in so many ways in terms of responsibility for their future.
It's not always easy with tantrums and hormones etc., but stick with them - support them whenever you can.
The best love in the world is being blessed with children - The Wife & I have two still at home (28 & 25), and, frankly, I'm glad they are still here. Love them both to bits!
Ok - soppy moment over - but that's how it is & I'm happy (y)
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
I'm sure you are an admirable parent as well.
Your children determine your life in so many ways in terms of responsibility for their future.
It's not always easy with tantrums and hormones etc., but stick with them - support them whenever you can.
The best love in the world is being blessed with children - The Wife & I have two still at home (28 & 25), and, frankly, I'm glad they are still here. Love them both to bits!
Ok - soppy moment over - but that's how it is & I'm happy (y)

Aww you old softy  :)

I have many children which not my own, but they keep in touch and I am 'mum' Always there to help them if they need me even though most are now in their 20's. gets a bit expensive for Weddings and Christenings  ;D =- Recently went to a young child's birthday party to find two other of my extended family their with thei children - lovely surprise and reunion  :-*

Then of course there is my daughter with mobility problems - always around for her when she calls me - which is pretty often  ::)  :-*

WCT - never forget that once you would have been the ago your daughter is at as she moves through what can be the difficult teenage years. You will survive - just  :)) x

who can tell

• View Profile
Aww you old softy  :)

I have many children which not my own, but they keep in touch and I am 'mum' Always there to help them if they need me even though most are now in their 20's. gets a bit expensive for Weddings and Christenings  ;D =- Recently went to a young child's birthday party to find two other of my extended family their with thei children - lovely surprise and reunion  :-*

Then of course there is my daughter with mobility problems - always around for her when she calls me - which is pretty often  ::)  :-*

WCT - never forget that once you would have been the ago your daughter is at as she moves through what can be the difficult teenage years. You will survive - just  :)) x
Yes my daughter will have the joys of been a teen and my poor wallet will feel the impact  :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk