Author Topic: Hallamshire Hospital  (Read 1700 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Hallamshire Hospital
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
Looks as though I have got to start visiting here,Its years since I was there and I wondered where the car park is.
I go round the back past the Beauchief  on to Ecceshall Road  and past the Peace gardens to where the hospital is in front of you.Do you turn right  with the hospital on your left.If that is right where is the car park from there.Anybody know please?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Hallamshire Hospital
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:07:14 PM »
Give me a minute or so. I'll knock up a quick diagram  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:42:42 PM »
When you approach the hospital from (Hunters Bar roundabout), bottom of Ecclesall Rd, you reach Glossop Rd. Red line on my diagram.
Turn right, then follow the yellow line to the multi storey carpark entrance.
If you have people to drop off first, take the left turn red route and follow blue line to the main entrance, white circle. Then follow purple line to carpark.
The yellow circle is another entrance to the hospital on the same level as the carpark entrance/exit. It's one or two floors lower than the white circle main entrance. The entire place is on multi floors LOL :-)
Pink line is exit from the carpark. Exits the same way as the blue entry way.
Green line is route back to Hunters Bar etc.
White line is from the main ring road that comes up from the end of Bramall Lane area.
Collect a parking ticket on entry and take it with you. When you are ready to leave, the Pay machines are located just inside the carpark entrance. Here's the stupid bit. There's one footpath entrance for floors, A,C.E,G etc, and another for floors B,D,F.H etc. But the pay machines are on entry A, I think. So you might have to walk in one door, pay, walk back out, and then enter the other door. Only in Yorkshire  8)

Hope this helps, even if only a bit  ;)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 09:50:11 PM »
i couldn't give street directions but can drive there.
I do go past Beauchief and I think it sounds as if maybe same way as you are thinking umpire.
If you have a sat nav I would use that.
I come out of the road fly has put turn left then right onto the road where the Hallamshire is.

It's a one way system round the hospital grounds if the car parks full it's a case of riding round in a circle in the hospital grounds.
Once you've done it it's east enough - just a pain.

As fly said you may need to go over to the other part of the hospital once parked up - depends which department you want but there's always plenty of people around to ask.

When I come out I turn right onto the main road and a short way down the street is a left turn ( again use sat nav) from there it's just a back track of the way I came.

Hope all goes well
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 10:10:54 PM »
Thanks for that.I am ok until you turn right down Glossop Road but I had no idea where the car park was.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:15:27 PM »
Sure you will be fine umpire  :)

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 07:40:05 PM »
We have been this afternoon with no problems.With it being Sunday the car park was only about a quarter full .I did what you said OC  and turned right up Glossop Road  and then sharp left back on to the main road down to Hunters Bar.It was about twelve and a half miles and only took 30 minutes so very easy.
Thank you Fly and OC for your help.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
Pleased you have made your first trip umpire - at least you know how easy it is now.   (y)

Strange you should post as daughter called me today as she had had a call from the Hallamshire to see if she could go tomorrow as they have had a cancellation - not possible so will wait for the appointment coming - whenever that will be.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »
Glad to be of help Umpire  (y)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk