Author Topic: Gypsie Travellers Sites  (Read 2968 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Gypsie Travellers Sites
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:09:12 PM »
Included in the local plan are Travellers sites.
There has been a choosing of 17 sites.
Now narrowed down to four.

Dark Lane Calow
Dark Lane North Wingfield
Temperance Hill Woolley Moor
Greenaway Wingerworth

I can't comment on three of these but do know the Greenaway land.
This is on land opposite the building currently going on before reaching Tupton.
It will mean Caravans / Motor homes with be pulling into and out of Derby Road just below the brow of the hill.
These are now to be under consultation and I believe Wingerworth Parish Council have called a Public meeting.

We have I know at least two professional drivers on the forum -thoughts of these vehicles pulling out onto Derby Road ?

Whilst I agree Travellers need somewhere to stay I do not agree that next to other established homes a good place nor is it in my own view a good place for pulling out of.

http://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/index.php/local-plan-examination?accid=3&fbclid=IwAR2ZNoqF1lVe
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Gypsie Travellers Sites
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:49:22 PM »
I agree with you in not putting a travellers site in such close proximity to established housing estates.
There's also a public right of way along the side of the land which could become a very intimidating route for both local residents and said travellers.
As for the access, it would probably be easier to get in and out of than the new estate opposite as it's positioned in the outside of the curve giving a better view.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »
The speed of traffic 50 mph coming over the brow of the hill is concerning Fly.
I have no idea what the other places are like but can't imagine locals nearby will be pleased.

Objections going in!

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
With regards to the pulling out onto Derby Road....is it really any different to the Nottingham Rd junction just over the brow of the hill coming up it or the turns into the building site or Halcyon Approach? Presumably it will be signposted accordingly.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:37:35 AM »
I agree both Nottingham drive and Mill Lane are not good turn outs. The vehicles coming out of this site would not be quick acceleration to get out. Caravans and camper vans won't have the same speed.
Then of course there are homes very close to where this site is.
Residents are quite rightly concerned that having a travellers rest will at the bottom of their garden will devalue their propertproperties.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 08:57:58 PM »
Residents are quite rightly concerned that having a travellers rest will at the bottom of their garden will devalue their propertproperties.

So they should be O.C. the wife has relatives living on Greenway and they own the house so as you point out not only will the property get devalued the chances of selling it anyway become more difficult, judging by the map the site is less than 150 yards away from their front door. According to the position of the site on the councils map the site is at the bottom of the hill on the left towards Clay Cross adjacent to the Adlington estate. Due to the house building in operation on the old carbo site the idea is to block the top of Mill lane making it a dead end at Derby road and "cutting" through Mill lane {near council offices} onto the new {carbo} estate and the estate road will then go up to a new roundabout opposite Nottingham drive.
My guess is if the gypsy site goes ahead they too may be using that as access. I sincerely hope the residents of the Adlingtons band together and make their voices heard, I've no doubt the powers that be are wanting to rush this through because when the "carbo" estate is up and running and the houses they seem to be building opposite the gypsy site are up and running there would be a hell of a lot more people protesting

I still don't understand why they are referred to as travellers as Chubby Brown says "You try moving them!!"
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »
Hi Sorastro please mention Wingerworth Parish Council public meeting to your friends.
There will also be people around the estate on Friday morning with leaflets.
I share their concerns.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 08:28:29 PM »
I honestly think the residents of the Adlington estate {if they can't stop the site} should tell the council they must buy the houses of those home owners wishing to leave {at market price} and move any council residents that wish to do, the same.
In fact it should happen everywhere there is a planned site till the council realises who generates more income for the county, half a dozen estates of mainly hard working tax paying residents, or half a dozen gypsy sites {It shouldn't take much figuring out surely??}

Lets face it if the {fabled} HS2 was going through that estate the houses would be bought now no quibble.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 08:27:18 AM »
I honestly think the residents of the Adlington estate {if they can't stop the site} should tell the council they must buy the houses of those home owners wishing to leave {at market price} and move any council residents that wish to do, the same.
In fact it should happen everywhere there is a planned site till the council realises who generates more income for the county, half a dozen estates of mainly hard working tax paying residents, or half a dozen gypsy sites {It shouldn't take much figuring out surely??}

Lets face it if the {fabled} HS2 was going through that estate the houses would be bought now no quibble.

Good points you have raised there!
The area is already saturated and the fact that Derbyshire had to provide a Travellers rest has obviously always been known to them as reading the documents it is set in there.
So - what we have it seems is ok find land and build on it - sod the effect on residents, infrastructure in fact - sod everything lets just do it!
Then it seems they are now scrabbling about trying to find land to complete the task they embarked on!!

Should this not have been discussed and planned - before all of this building started???
I think it should!

This morning I will be with my colleagues around the Adlingtons estate with leaflets to post and to listen to what residents have to say.

I will share your comments with my colleagues but also urge your relative to fill in the objections form on their website.
Unfortunately I am working and can't go to the Wingerworth Parish Council public meeting but others will be there and I will feed back on here what I am told.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 12:50:07 PM »
Good news that the site will not be used in Wingerworth.  :)

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
Good news that the site will not be used in Wingerworth.  :)

Unfortunately it just means they will find somewhere else, and the  protests will start all over again in that area {if they've any sense}

The truth of the matter is the Council {including the police} are scared to death of gypsies, they just go through life doing just what they want and 99.9% of the time they get away with it.
The protests for Wingerworth/Tupton must have had an impact.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »
Part of the issue is the police and council have to follow the correct process for moving them on and the gypsies dont have to do anything so have the upper hand. I work in Derby on Pride Park and there has just been some on a car park next to the football ground, left it a right mess after staying for a few days. Then some more have rolled up on Allenton Market just as the others left.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 01:11:54 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/10268079/police-given-powers-arrest-travellers-and-seize-caravans/amp/

Police to be given powers to arrest travellers and seize caravans whether parked on public or private land.

Sounds good, but let's see how well it plays out.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/10268079/police-given-powers-arrest-travellers-and-seize-caravans/amp/

Police to be given powers to arrest travellers and seize caravans whether parked on public or private land.

Sounds good, but let's see how well it plays out.

Interesting Alsatian, like you I will see how it spans out!!

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »
Try taking a caravan off a "Traveller" or a bunch of them , Hmm I would not like to be the officer in charge of that one to be honest!!
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk