Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 1274 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Royal Mail
« on: March 27, 2017, 08:40:15 PM »
We had our last 2016 Christmas Card delivered today by Royal Mail.It was posted in Bedford on 10 December 2016. Not bad really. ;) ;) ;)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:19:51 AM »
Good gracious !!!

I suppose we have hope for a missing birthday card earlier this month then!

Seeing as people are using ecards more these days, instances such as yours and ours doesn't give people much confidence in using Royal Mail
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:05:49 PM »
I have not much confidence in them either and I worked for them for 20 years although not on the delivery side.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 08:16:49 AM »
It's a mammoth task I suppose Umpire to get all the mail out without some blips - doesn't make it anymore pleasing though when it's something special which is apparently - lost! Plus the cost has gone up and up for the Stamps and little wonder many have opted for ecards!

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:12 AM »
Having worked for Royal Mail in the past i was involved in the barcoded mail and been inside many a mail centre, local sorting office and even some of the big air mail units including Heathrow....the amount of mail flying around at any one time is huge so as you say its unlikely that the odd blip isnt going to happen. Costs are going up and whilst Royal Mail have to serve the whole country the others can pick and choose where they deliver to. Was once told that some of the competitors will actually use Royal Mails service to reach some outer areas like the top of Scotland etc.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 08:47:08 AM »
Having worked for Royal Mail in the past i was involved in the barcoded mail and been inside many a mail centre, local sorting office and even some of the big air mail units including Heathrow....the amount of mail flying around at any one time is huge so as you say its unlikely that the odd blip isnt going to happen. Costs are going up and whilst Royal Mail have to serve the whole country the others can pick and choose where they deliver to.

Was once told that some of the competitors will actually use Royal Mails service to reach some outer areas like the top of Scotland etc.
[/b]

I'm sure they do bransoj even with the Royal Mails rising costs it's probably still cheaper for others to use them for far off destination.
Have to admit I post my Christmas cards to people out of my area whilst others I can give personally. I only send two or three ecards!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk