Author Topic: Punished by the Bedroom Tax? Read this.  (Read 7724 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Punished by the Bedroom Tax? Read this.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 08:09:07 AM »
That is correct Slacker.

This lady like many others including people like CC has mentioned are victims, although the latter victims will have some savings to play with it does not alter the fact that they may have worked hard for what they have got - just as the poorer people have such as Julie although I am not sure which benefit she would be on for only £58.00 a week as I am not up on these. I would have hoped there would have been top -ups on this money.

She and her husband already live in a small bungalow and I do know what she means by 11/2 bedrooms because my daughter has one. The second bedroom will take a single bed and maybe just a small wardrobe or tall boy but that is all. She lives in housing that is for 55 and overs - so she had every right to think she was safe.
He worked even when ill and she cared for him - they used all their savings and asked for nothing - now it's gone and she is ill.

We all know there are people who work the system and these need to be got out of that rut and into work but there are many that want to work and can't get it - it's not their fault.

Should our government really be penalising people like this is I suppose is maybe what Pete's OP was about.

I say no!

Some say yes!

Thing is when the savings have gone even it's 23 grand should the government help out - or are we chucked out to grass.  :(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »
And Why?
Because for  years political parties campaign at local election times not on local issues but those of the government or of other tiers. The Lib Dems in Chesterfield campaigned for years on the basis of what the Labour Government were doing. You yourselves campaigned on County Council issues like Highways and winter maintenance.
When you add that to the public's lack of perception of who does what (regularly demonstrated on this forum and in another place) is it any wonder that the blame culture has taken over from actually formulating well thought out policies that will have a positive impact on the lives of people?

Because the (2nd tier) councils are the collecting authorities for both council  tax and rent.

As for highways issues, presume you mean winter maintenance, there is now much better co-operation and co-ordination between borough and county

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk