Author Topic: Paper and Bottle Banks  (Read 40320 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Paper and Bottle Banks
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »
Bollocks. Chezzy took the cheapest deal and it's fuc*** silly.
Cardboard in the insert, not the bin.  :)) Crazy !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
Just how much cardboard do people use? Only had to put it at the side of the bin once

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
Must admit I like the bin the way it is - we don't have much cardboard - but loads of beer cans   :-[ :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
Any plans for an anaerobic digester so that kitchen waste can be collected and made use of rather than going into landfill?

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
>> anaerobic digester

I had mine removed when I was a child...

Sorry  :-[
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
Just how much cardboard do people use? Only had to put it at the side of the bin once

Depends on your eating habits. Cereal boxes, cardboard packaging round yoghurts, biscuit boxes etc we can soon fill the very small insert we have. Never filled the green bin with cardboard though  Yp
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 06:43:31 AM »
Any plans for an anaerobic digester so that kitchen waste can be collected and made use of rather than going into landfill?

There was one proposed for Grassmoor about 5 years ago, I even saw the layout as my workbase was also due to be transferred there; it got kicked out by planners. Arkwright is now proposed. Problem is people want this facility but not on their doorsteps.

I woul like NEDDC to have it, they seem t be developing large housing estates that impact on Chesterfield's infrastructure so they owe us one.

Stuart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 07:22:12 AM »
Have to say I'm happy with how things are now, too; the cardboard insert is fine, although the corners have become knocked off ours, so it doesn't sit at the top of the bin, but drops into it. Plenty of room for plastic milk jugs - I shudder to think how many of those went to landfill before.

k4blades

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
Depends on your eating habits. Cereal boxes, cardboard packaging round yoghurts, biscuit boxes etc we can soon fill the very small insert we have. Never filled the green bin with cardboard though  Yp

Agreed, ours is always over flowing. We only manage because we put cardboard in the main body of the bin along with the tins, etc. Defeats the purpose a bit, but I'm not prepared to leave it at the side of the bin, on the past occasions when this has happened, its ended up blown all over the front garden. (Meanwhile, geen bin sits there almost empty.)

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
There was one proposed for Grassmoor about 5 years ago, I even saw the layout as my workbase was also due to be transferred there; it got kicked out by planners. Arkwright is now proposed. Problem is people want this facility but not on their doorsteps.

There must be brownfield sites in the area that are too heavily polluted for housing where one could be situated. People have short memories, what was coming from those sites on a daily basis a few decades ago was far worse.

I woul like NEDDC to have it, they seem t be developing large housing estates that impact on Chesterfield's infrastructure so they owe us one.

You seem to have a downer on NEDDC, why's that?

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »

What's your definition of Chesterfield's Infrastructure?
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

k4blades

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »
Slacker raises a good point though, in that we all want want want, but no one wants it to be at their expense.

An AD would be a great investment and its a shame the councils can't work out a way to build one as a joint initative, good location: the old coal lite plant at Bolsover. ??? (Opposite Bolsovers recylcle place)
(Alternatively, the council offices.  :)) )

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
Slacker raises a good point though, in that we all want want want, but no one wants it to be at their expense.

An AD would be a great investment and its a shame the councils can't work out a way to build one as a joint initative, good location: the old coal lite plant at Bolsover. ??? (Opposite Bolsovers recylcle place)
(Alternatively, the council offices.  :)) )

Isnt there an issue there with polluted ground?  Good place to put it though, theres very few houses close by.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »
No joined up thinking in Derbyshire, silo mentality and NIMBY-ism rife it seems  :(

I would have thought The Avenue an ideal site for an AD, it couldn't get much more polluted.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
>> anaerobic digester

I had mine removed when I was a child...

Sorry  :-[

I wish my hubby would have his removed as well --- I know just where he is around the house --- I can HEAR him!!!  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk