Author Topic: MS Publisher  (Read 1967 times)

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
MS Publisher
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:43:58 PM »
Can anyone help please?  I've been asked to do a newsletter that will go out three times a year and ideally I need Publisher to do it on.  My desktop doesn't have it so I checked to see if anything is downloadable.  I noticed some free versions but I'm a bit wary so haven't done anything yet.  I'd like to know if anyone has tried these?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: MS Publisher
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 09:45:05 AM »
Sorry Gerty, I looked at buying the Publisher job lot when I had me new Laptop - quite expensive.

If you know someone who has a disc so you can install it into your PC that would be a good idea - it's what I did. xx
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
Does it need to be MS Publisher or could you get away with a word processor like MS Word? The newer versions of that are pretty good with what you can do and there are various free alternatives such as Open Office, Google Docs, Libre Office i think it is.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »
I've messaged you on facebook Gerty, looks like you haven't seen it.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 09:55:44 PM »
Does it need to be MS Publisher or could you get away with a word processor like MS Word? The newer versions of that are pretty good with what you can do and there are various free alternatives such as Open Office, Google Docs, Libre Office i think it is.

Unfortunately it does have to be MS Publisher.  I'm drafting it at home then finishing it off at the organisation I'm helping.  I doubt if anything else would be compatible.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  Someone has now offered to help too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk