Author Topic: Pregnant woman beaten to death by family outside Pakistani court  (Read 2033 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
"Farzana Parveen is killed by male family members in Lahore after marrying against their wishes

A pregnant woman was beaten to death by her own family members on the streets of one of Pakistan's most refined cities on Tuesday after marrying against their wishes.

The "honour killing" happened in front of a large crowd of witnesses outside Lahore's grand high court building where Farzana Parveen, 25, had been due to appear in a case brought by her family.

The attack began when one of Parveen's brothers attempted to shoot her before he and other male family members attacked her with bricks and blunt instruments.

Throughout the deadly assault her father simply looked on while no members of the public outside the busy court complex came forward to intervene despite her cries for help.

Some reports said policemen watched the incident – and all of the attackers managed to escape, although her father was arrested."

And they call marrying for love a reason for an "honour" killing... They are a bunch of f*cking heathens that should be locked up and the key thrown away.

http://bit.ly/1jt1lWm
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Pregnant woman beaten to death by family outside Pakistani court
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 04:48:12 PM »
Would these be followers of that nice bloke Allah  :-X
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
Not sure whether it's religion or tribalism. TBH

But both are outdated, superstitious nonsense. But to beat to death, in public, with no help from those watching because a young woman aged 24 married for love? Monsters!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »
It's their tradition I suppose and why some young women run away from their families and 'lose themselves'
Not nice and barbaric!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk