Author Topic: Contract work  (Read 3301 times)

emmz

• View Profile
Contract work
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
As some of you may know i started a contract with Manpower back in 2013 working at CSC.
Just recently the people getting "the sack" has risen quite rapidly
Anyhow, i was called in last week to discuss my absence, I know its high and was expecting the worst, however....
On my file it shows me of having talks with the lady there, and apparently have notes to confirme this, well after speaking with lady on monday she asked how many times have you spoken with C* to which i replied er none, her reaction was quite funny when she asked are you sure? to which i replied yes never spoken, never been asked to go for a meeting..

Well i should have got the sack and expected as much but because said C had never called me into a meeting I have been saved for now.

Being a contract worker i dont have the option of being in a union, I also know i can be let go at a weeks notice or immediately. But why not do things by the book why on my record does it show said meetings when i have 1) no proof of it and 2) never been asked to one, this time round i recieved an email of such meeting to which i saved in a folder....

Not so much of a rant but it has pissed me off, especially when all these people are being shown the door, one because CSC are losing their accounts so dont need the people and 2) that we can be treated this way from Manpower themselves.

So now, I can't have a sick day for 6 months otherwise my next meeting will see their boot in my arse

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Contract work
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »
Contract work doesn't sound much fun Emmz.
How times have changed since my young working days.
Will you be able to look for another job and leave when you want to - or are you tied?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
Emmz, when you DO attend a meeting make sure you make dated notes, who the meeting is with etc.  and keep them in a safe place.  You will feel more secure in circumstances like you're in now if you have a written record with your own notes to refer to.

Don't leave anything to chance Emmz.

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »
OC no ties, can look and leave with a weeks notice on my own accord.
The downside you do something they don't like and  they can sack you.
I love the job I am doing but nfortunatelty will not get the chance of permancy due to the accounts being lost left right and centre,

Gert, as Monday was my first meeting it will also be my last if they were to get me in again. As they have me on the last warning

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »
Start looking around then Emmz get out before you are pushed  ;)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 10:16:18 PM »
 :)) :))
It certainly is! It is even more wonky now and currently the hand is painful.
Oh the woes of being old  :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk