Author Topic: Idiots on the road  (Read 3949 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Idiots on the road
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »
To the white van man who was obviously in the wrong lane at the Tesco roundabout - it's Ok to be in the wrong lane - i am sure most have us have done it. However it's NOT OK to then move over to the right straight in front of me. I was clearly indicating LEFT! Had i not anticipated what you were about to do you would have shoved me right across into the middle of the island - MORON.
What you SHOULD have done was carry on to the next roundabout and come back down the bypass - IDIOT  >:(

To the woman in the car - when I am indicating right THAT IS MY WAY OF COMMUNICATING TO YOU - it means - guess what ???
i am actually GOING TO TURN RIGHT over the hump near Tesco's Clay Cross AND GO INTO THE SHOPPING AREA/ GP'S ETC. - Not LEFT into Tesco's !!
Not left - !!

Finally to the friggin wasp which stung me in Tesco's - when I next see you -YOUR DEAD!!  >:
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Idiots on the road
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
Did you get his registration number, you could report him. Bloody wasps  ;D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
Did you get his registration number, you could report him. Bloody wasps  ;D

Don't think wasps have number plates do they fly  ;D

As for the van driver, hubby said it was a left hand drive, but i ended up just to his back right hand side!
The car driver in front who was following me obviously saw what happened and he kindly stayed where he was to let me back onto the route i was going.

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:43 PM »
Get a dash cam.  Invaluable especially if theres a bump.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »
May well do that Simon, never thought about it to be honest.
The incident yesterday with the van really shook hubby up.

DrGriffin1933

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »
Idiots on the road.  Well, I have it straight from the horses' mouth as to the reason why idiots don't use dipped-headlights in dense fog.  "It's not DARK, I DON'T NEED LIGHTS ON!"  That idiot lives near me, Ive been considering moving home since.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Idiots on the road.  Well, I have it straight from the horses' mouth as to the reason why idiots don't use dipped-headlights in dense fog.  "It's not DARK, I DON'T NEED LIGHTS ON!"  That idiot lives near me, Ive been considering moving home since.

I love your wit  ;D

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 09:42:20 AM »
and those drivers who park on the wrong side of the road with their headlights still on.....and those who leave their footbrake on at red traffic lights, dazzling the car behind....

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 10:24:14 AM »
There is that nothing infuriates me more than the high intensity rear lights.

These so called drivers cannot discern between fog and mist. I've said it before, we haven't had a good pea souper to enable us to utilise these lights in well over 30 years. If say it's an early Autumn morning with a morning mist they think "Oh it's foggy" and switch on the H. I. R. lights and away they go, this is why I dreaded driving in the winter months. Apart from the fact they are totally unnecessary they don't bother turning them off till Spring, I've lost count of the number of times I've followed vehicles with those lights burning my corneas, and it's no good flashing or gesticulating because they'll either totally ignore you or, if it's a pig ignorant know all, they'll get out and threaten you, they actually don't understand what the problem is when the problem is bad driving.

There should be a way where the H.I.R. lights can be automatically cancelled out in good weather, after all there's plenty of computerised equipment on board nowadays, like telling you there's low pressure in a particular tyre or the outside temperature so it wouldn't be a massive task, or they can even be cancelled out when the ignition is switched off.

Or better still if the car drivers just concentrated on what they are doing.....that would help.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk