Author Topic: Council tax  (Read 2118 times)

emmz

• View Profile
Council tax
« on: October 23, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
So as many of you know i started work back in July, full time etc etc.
I had been on benefits for 3 months prior so was getting the usual council tax/housing benefit.
Usuall when receiving such a benefit you get a reduced council tax bill, this was not the case so i was still paying through unemployment the higher part.
Skip ahead to my work and i notify them that i had started work blah blah.
I then asked well why did i never recieve a revised bill....get told that I was £300 up so i had overpaid them.
I then revcieved paper work to state 1) i was still entitled even though i work 40 hrs a week and that 2) I was overpaid by them £600 in housing benefit and £180 council tax...
How on earth in 3 months have i been overpaid and why when i owe them money they demand it or they take me to court?
grrr

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Council tax
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »
Law unto themelves at times  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DrGriffin1933

• View Profile
Re: Council tax
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:45:59 PM »
Hi, on retiring at 65, my first DCC Tax Bill was £10.00 per month.  From the following April, I was advised that the amount I must pay for that financial year had (only) increased by 2% to £11.00 per month.  I pointed-out that their figures would be correct only if Roman Numerals were employed. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk