Author Topic: £1.15 for a Derbyshire (advertiser) Times  (Read 3615 times)

Tarzan

• View Profile
£1.15 for a Derbyshire (advertiser) Times
« on: February 27, 2016, 07:08:09 PM »
I really can't understand why people still buy this rubbish "news"paper ?
I have just picked up this weeks edition, & I guesstimate that about 80% + of the paper is adverts.
Not only is this rag full of adverts, but they even messed up the leading front page story about the pervy teacher. !  In the edition that i looked at, the full story was supposed to be continued on page 17, but i couldn't find it anywhere in the paper. And it's not just regular mistakes like this, they often mess up the obituaries, bad spelling of names,wrong information about the deceased,etc, I know of someone  who wanted her husband put in the obituaries,( he has actually died)  a few weeks ago, althougn the funeral director got in well before the deadline, it never appeared in the edition before his funeral.
As you can imagine, this would be rather upsetting !
You would think that the obituaries would get some priority,not only does it cost a fortune to have your nearest & dearest  put in this section, but when all said & done......most people really only buy the DT to see if they knew anyone that has died !

I really shouldn't complain though, i haven't bought it for a few years,... i read other peoples ! ;)

I would have sent this to the DT to put in the " letters" section, but i doubt if they would have published it ?
But if anyone from the DT has read this, please feel free to publish it...... without editing it  !

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: £1.15 for a Derbyshire (advertiser) Times
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »
Are you not on Facebook Tarzan, if so, post your comments on their page  :)
I've been vocal on there a few times, one of the times was when the DT's price went up, but there was no mention of it in the actual paper. Sadly, it looks like it's been done with this price increase again !! ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:08 PM »
Well said Tarzan!
Hubby buys it but I rarely read it - not only does the ink stink but it leaves me with dirty hands!

I think it's a lot of money and just mentioned your post to hubby - who agrees it is full of adverts!

Hubby is, as I type. looking for the 'pervy teacher story' - he's still looking  ::)
Maybe they are holding it back for next weeks addition - so you will buy another paper  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »
Just looked. I can't find it either  :)) :D ;D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 08:24:27 PM »
Just looked. I can't find it either  :)) :D ;D

Buy another one next week then  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 10:22:50 PM »
Buy another one next week then
I pay yearly, in advance. It works out cheaper. No flies on me  (y)   ;)

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 10:57:07 PM »
That's expensive for a newspaper Sheffield Star only 65p both the Star and Times are owned by Johnson press. But then again the Star got a rival Sheffield Telegraph so that might explain the prices.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk