Author Topic: The government wastes £40 billion on Trident missiles.  (Read 1726 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
The government wastes £40 billion on Trident missiles.
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:12:58 PM »
£40 billion has been wasted on Trident a weapon that has limited use that was fine in the Cold War era now long passed. Its clear that terrorism is the biggest threat to the West Trident has no use in a war on terrorism ture Russia and North Korea like to play war games with West and America but the truth is Russia needs the West for trade after  the Russian Federation axed parts of the Ukraine and the West placed sanctions the effects was soon felt . North Korea likes to boost about its military power but the country is poor and has limited recouses and much of its military hardwear is outdated. At a time will are seeing massive economic change can we really afford the £40 billion price tag on a weapon that's unlikely to be used if the money was to spent on defence surly it should go to anti terrorist units and training were it would have most impact?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: The government wastes £40 billion on Trident missiles.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:58:31 PM »
I have to disagree on this one, we need a deterrent and Trident is a deterrent.
Do we really know how sophisticated Korea's weapons are?
Do we really know if the terrorists are secretly making up their own Nuclear weapons?
They seem to get a lot of money to fund their cause.

I agree that  we can never have enough money where Terrorists are concerned - but they are seemingly using rather simplistic methods to cause death and disruption - what can anyone provide to stop this?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 04:44:37 PM »
I'm more in favour of Trident than against it, I think.
As for terrorists, how do you stop a suicide bomber. You can't !
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 07:00:15 PM »
I have to disagree on this one, we need a deterrent and Trident is a deterrent.
Do we really know how sophisticated Korea's weapons are?
Do we really know if the terrorists are secretly making up their own Nuclear weapons?
They seem to get a lot of money to fund their cause.

I agree that  we can never have enough money where Terrorists are concerned - but they are seemingly using rather simplistic methods to cause death and disruption - what can anyone provide to stop this?
I have watched quite a few YouTube videos about North Korea its an oddly fastening country. What came over to me again and again the leadership love to pump out that their country is the hardman of Asia the population are forced to belive their leader is super human. But no matter what the leadership try to tell the world it was clear from the videos things were far from the Communist wonderland past the show case capital city most live in proverty their have been food shortages their is also tension in the political system. Perhaps they do have nuclear weapons but some how IV got the feeling not all what it seems. As for terrorism its the best form of warfair look though history like for Rhodesia how effective it was their. As for Trident the jury is out on that one.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk