Author Topic: Terrorists in Chesterfield  (Read 1780 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Terrorists in Chesterfield
« on: December 19, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
I have heard several times that we have had police walking round Chesterfield with guns - some agreed with it others not.

Today we have a terrorist operation within our town.
I'm wondering if the Police knew knew something?

It gets quite scary when it comes so close to home - reality check smacks us in the face! >:
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
Re: Terrorists in Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »
The armed police patrols were started a while ago and part of a wider operation than just Chesterfield on the back of public support for them over the festive period...covered here by the police back at the end of November :-

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2017/November/29-Nov-Armed-officers-to-patrol-the-county-over-the-festive-season.aspx

Thankfully whatever the police plan was it seems to have foiled the plans of those arrests of which the majority were from Sheffield. Presumably the activity around the house in Chesterfield is making sure its safe and nothing there that could be a danger to local residents.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »
They all do a fine job in keeping us safe and I suppose as soon as one challenge is foiled another one comes along.
Ever vigilant!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 08:59:13 PM »
What she said  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 12:39:52 AM »
what is really weird is on sunday night me and the family went to see Uli Jon Roth at the 02 academy in sheffield, and my partner had expressed concerns to me about terror attacks such as the one in manchester which i had dismissed saying they only target the big cities and we have nothing to fear in our neck of the woods, and even pointed out to her that the only terrorist attack she was likely to be involved in was if she went into a certain shopping center, imagine my surprise on seeing the news. :-[

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
They can attack anywhere really but i suppose prefer places which have attracted a multitude of people.

I haven't seen much of the news this last couple of days so I am a little out of touch with any updates.

We have been lucky this time - unlike Australia who i believe have suffered another possible road runner!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk