Author Topic: The Wheel  (Read 1653 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
The Wheel
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:02:58 PM »
Any thoughts on this which is now i think erected?
I have heard for and against but personally I think it's good that we have something like this in our town even if for a short time.
I'm hoping it will bring people into the town and boost trade.

Does anyone know if we need to book to go on this as wouldn't mind seeing the view from up there  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

hifimad

• View Profile
Re: The Wheel
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
Any thoughts on this which is now i think erected?
I have heard for and against but personally I think it's good that we have something like this in our town even if for a short time.
I'm hoping it will bring people into the town and boost trade.

Does anyone know if we need to book to go on this as wouldn't mind seeing the view from up there  :)
as i understand it you can book certain special on off events such as a champagne trip, or just turn up on the day normally, the price is £6 adults and £4 for kids.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 07:55:04 PM »
Just needs the 'pods' attaching now. There's even a specially adapted pod for wheelchair users (y)

Picture by Gerard Gaunt on my Facebook 'Chesterfield Pictures' group  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »
I embrace the idea of the wheelchair accessibility many I hope will enjoy this  (y)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:27:41 AM »
I booked online for the wheel and encountered problems. The money was taken from out account but we didn't get the emailed tickets.
It was sorted - eventually  ::)

Went into town last Thursday and thankfully the longer range forecast was right for a sunny day even if cold and blustery.
The pods swung about a bit at the top but no worries on that.

Really enjoyed seeing our town from up there and I thought £4.00 ( concessionary ) was pretty good.

We made a day of it actually and stayed in town for coffee and cake after our ride, did a bit of shopping then walked down to the Cine-world complex and had lunch in one of the eating places there.
Lovely day!  :)

I hope others did the same and put some money into the tills of our local businesses, I think it is a good idea but have read moans about it - the Borough got this one right in my opinion!  (y)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »
I think it's a great addition to town. To many moaners about it !
Not been on it yet, but will be (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk