Author Topic: Is this really going to happen  (Read 1718 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Is this really going to happen
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
I saw an article in the Derbyshire Times that the Whittington Speedway - sorry roundabout is to have traffic lights - again -
Really?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Is this really going to happen
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
Nail on head as usual - speedway!
Bear in mind that vehicles are entering this roundabout coming off dual carriageways at speed.
Fine if you are in your car and can (even stopped) pull away safely given the chance.
Larger vehicles however incur the anger and insult when pulling out because it hinders car drivers their progress.
If it makes for free flowing traffic from each junction - then it should work. Hopefully.
Personally I like it when the traffic lights don't work in the town centre & drivers revert to using common sense!
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »
This old chestnut (again).
Just drop the speed limit on approach and on it, put some hitech up to date speed cameras up, SORTED !  MD (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
Why give the job of "sorting" the roundabout out to the very people that caused the problem in the first place.

Railways, roads, health, benefits are all run by people that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
Councillor Simon Spencer says:-
We'd still like local people to let us have their views of our proposals [unquote]

In other words "I'm paid {handsomely} to sort these problems but I would gladly pick the brains of the people in the know and if they come up with a better solution I can claim the credit.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 10:43:51 PM »
This link is to the online questionnaire about the plans.
https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=153305278156
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:41:20 AM »
Why give the job of "sorting" the roundabout out to the very people that caused the problem in the first place.

Railways, roads, health, benefits are all run by people that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
Councillor Simon Spencer says:-
We'd still like local people to let us have their views of our proposals [unquote]

In other words "I'm paid {handsomely} to sort these problems but I would gladly pick the brains of the people in the know and if they come up with a better solution I can claim the credit.
[/b][/i]

:)) :)) :)) Love it - plus it's true!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 07:42:59 AM »
Nail on head as usual - speedway!
Bear in mind that vehicles are entering this roundabout coming off dual carriageways at speed.
Fine if you are in your car and can (even stopped) pull away safely given the chance.
Larger vehicles however incur the anger and insult when pulling out because it hinders car drivers their progress.
If it makes for free flowing traffic from each junction - then it should work. Hopefully.
Personally I like it when the traffic lights don't work in the town centre & drivers revert to using common sense!

If I have a bus or lorry in the right hand lane pulling out - I go slowly with them  ::)  ;) ;D

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
they also intend to make the dunston road aproach to the roundabout buses only they will no doubt cock it up like the hornsbridge roundabout

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
they also intend to make the dunston road aproach to the roundabout buses only

And taxis too I hope lol  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk