Author Topic: Update on HS2  (Read 1660 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Update on HS2
« on: January 24, 2017, 02:57:49 PM »
A chance to have your say on the HS2 which is set to go ahead.
I for one wouldn't be happy if they were thundering in close proximity to my house.

A series of public information events are being held in Derbyshire about the Government's revised plans for a high speed rail link between London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester (HS2).

People living in communities where HS2 is proposed are being urged to go along and find out how they might be affected and how to have their say.

The Government's preferred route now includes:

A new alignment for the route through north Derbyshire taking the track closer to New Bolsover and then following the M1 corridor.

A new spur line from Hilcote to Stonebroom near Clay Cross linking to existing track to allow trains designed to run both on high speed and existing lines to travel to Chesterfield. The spur would include a flyover junction with the main route near Hilcote.

An elevated line through Long Eaton.

A new and longer route to the Staveley Maintenance Depot which will serve HS2 lines in the Midlands bringing up to 800 jobs.

Opportunities for passengers to use high-speed services at Chesterfield station by diverting some trains on to existing lines as they run to and from Sheffield.

Experts will be on hand to talk to residents about the new proposals and the compensation and assistance schemes for affected properties at events being held by HS2 Ltd in:

Long Eaton − Saturday 28 January 2017, at West Park Leisure Centre from 10am to 5pm
South Normanton − Thursday 2 February 2017, at The Post Mill Centre from 12pm to 8pm
Staveley − Friday 3 February 2017, at The Speedwell Rooms from 12pm to 8pm
Bolsover − Saturday 4 February 2017, at Bainbridge Hall from 10am to 5pm.
Our Leader Councillor Anne Western said:

"Routing HS2 through Derbyshire with trains stopping at Chesterfield would boost the local economy, bring more jobs and provide opportunities for local businesses to expand.

"But we will not forget that there will be some communities who will be adversely affected by the rail line. We're continuing to work with HS2 Ltd and the Department for Transport to minimise the disruption to communities and make sure we get the best possible outcome for Derbyshire residents, businesses and others along the route while maximising the economic benefits that HS2 will bring.

"We're carefully studying the proposals and will press the Government to make changes and improvements to minimise the negative impacts so that we get the best possible deal for Derbyshire.

"But it's important that local people have their say too and these drop-in events will spell out what the plans would mean for local residents and how they can make their voices heard."

The main track is now proposed to pass near to, or through:

Long Eaton
Sandiacre
Pinxton
McArthur Glen East Midlands Designer Outlet
Hilcote
Tibshelf
Hardstoft
Hardwick Hall
Stainsby
Heath
Doe Lea
Sutton Scarsdale
Carr Vale
New Bolsover
Shuttlewood
Barlborough.
The new spur line from Hilcote would pass near to or through Blackwell, Newton and Stonebroom and some work would also be needed on the existing track between Stonebroom and Danesmoor.

The proposed spur line to the maintenance depot would pass through or close to Woodthorpe, Poolsbrook and Staveley.

You can get more information about the proposals, the events and how to take part in the consultation (opens in a new window)

Paper copies of all the consultation documents will also be available in some Derbyshire libraries.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Update on HS2
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »
Apparently the BBC were at the nature reserve at the bottom of Bolsover yesterday. I honestly can't see there being many animals or birds left down there after building a railway line through the middle of it. Ironic really, there used to be two railways through the area, both made redundant years ago, hence it becoming a nature reserve.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

redadmiral

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »
It seems odd that the old LD&ECR viaduct at Carr Vale was demolished as it was no longer in use and unsafe due to mining subsidence only to build a new high speed route through the area. I suppose now the mining industry has been destroyed, the land has probably settled. Shame on the decision makers.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 08:57:25 PM »
Shared with me on my facebook page by Cllr David Hancock.
I'm not plugging the Lib Dems just thought some may be interested.

Just back home after attending the anti-fracking meeting at Marsh Lane. Understandably a lot of very concerned residents at the possibility of fracking taking place right on our own doorstep.

The Liberal Democrats oppose fracking - we believe fossil fuels should stay in the ground, while we invest in renewable energies. So we're fully behind the residents in opposing fracking in Derbyshire (and everywhere else).

The advice I must give to everyone is that applications for fracking can only be prevented under planning application rules. So the fact that all the residents and politicians oppose it becomes irrelevant at that stage. Residents need to object on such grounds as traffic, access, parking, noise/light pollution, conservation issues etc (a quick google search will turn up a full list).

Our Chair and I went to a presentation by Ineos a couple of months back and pretty much the whole of North East Derbyshire is potentially rich pickings for them - so if it's an area that concerns you get in touch with us and we will support where we can.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk