Author Topic: Dustbins  (Read 2478 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Dustbins
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:12:01 PM »
I have a young woman living near me who regularly leaves her dustbin out three or four days  after it has been emptied.People often have to walk on the road to avoid it.Today I rang the council to ask what their policy is about not removing them and I was told that they have no policy and to speak to DCC but was warned that it would be treated as very low priority.I told her I would not bother thank you very much.
I thought fines were issued for putting bins out too early and also not removing them when emptied but obviously they are not.Anybody any views.?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Dustbins
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 07:32:21 PM »
Now then Umpire you know you are going to set me off on a rant with this thread - better get the  MD in  ;D
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 07:59:18 PM »
Now then OC I was not aware  I would send you on a rant.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
Umpire I had better not rant  :-X. The MDl might ban me  :(

I don't know of any Policy I think I've heard the law are just starting to toughen up on Vehicles obstructing pavements so maybe dustbins don't stand a chance!

We have had to turn back so many times because of  full dustbins waiting for collection of rubbish which are blocking the pavement.
As you may know my daughter uses a powered wheelchair and sometimes we have had to walk back a good way to find a dropped kerb so we could get onto the road.
If cars are parked on the roadside then that means we have had to walk out further into the road.

If this is just laziness on the part of this person I would be inclined to take the flipping dustbin down the street and leave it. She would have further to walk then to retrieve it!  >:(

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
Lash it to the door handle of her house with an old cycle inner tube, knock, then run like hell  >; >: >; >: (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »
Now then OC I was not aware  I would send you on a rant.

There you are then Umpire two suggestions from Fly and myself - now which one to choose as it doesn't sound like the council are going to help?????

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
Cant see the council being bothered....their binmen are just as bad for leaving bins in the way after emptying them. When i was on Heaton Street it was almost impossible to navigate the pavement after they'd been emptied as they were just left anywhere and everywhere. I've also had to fetch our bin from outside a house round the corner on Church Street. Now we've moved its normally a case of having to fetch it from two doors down or its left smack in the middle of the drive so i have to get out of the car to move it so i can get the car on the drive.

This is a couple of photos i took of Heaton Street one time when i was walking back from work. No idea how you were meant to get down it if you had a pushchair or wheelchair.

And i got home to this once....

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
Cant see the council being bothered....their binmen are just as bad for leaving bins in the way after emptying them. When i was on Heaton Street it was almost impossible to navigate the pavement after they'd been emptied as they were just left anywhere and everywhere. I've also had to fetch our bin from outside a house round the corner on Church Street. Now we've moved its normally a case of having to fetch it from two doors down or its left smack in the middle of the drive so i have to get out of the car to move it so i can get the car on the drive.

This is a couple of photos i took of Heaton Street one time when i was walking back from work. No idea how you were meant to get down it if you had a pushchair or wheelchair.

Oh heck that is one messy street bransoj - no chance of me dragging a dustbin lower down the street there !!
The street looks narrow and I'm supposing anyone not able to get down the pavement would need to walk on the white line?
Isn't that a safety issue?

I was under the impression that we had to leave the dustbins just inside our gates or on the grass verge ?
Are they empty or full?
 The residents would be responsible if full but I would think the council refuge collectors take responsibility once they have emptied them.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
That photo is after they've been emptied and left strewn around the pavement by the guys from the bin lorry. Generally when they were put out by folk they were a lot tighter to the walls\hedges and walking up\down the street wasnt an issue. Sadly those emptying the bins showed less concern for this issue and just chucked them in the general direction of the pavement. The street is just a normal residential street in Brampton but has cars parked down both sides for most of it making it look smaller than it is. Normally when i walk home i pushed them out of the way to make it easier for other folk. The photo i posted was tweeted to the council along with others over a period of time but nothing ever really changed.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »
More importantly bransoj were you promoted to No6 on Saturday?

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 08:54:14 AM »
Nope....spent most of Saturday watching Queens Park dry before being called off. Got a few overs in before the first downpour but then got into a situation where we couldnt play because it was to wet in some areas but some issue between Chesterfield CC and the council meant they couldnt actually do anything to make it playable. Was farcical!!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
That photo is after they've been emptied and left strewn around the pavement by the guys from the bin lorry.

Bolsover Council have their own bin men/wagons for the grey bin. Do CBC, or is it contracted out to others, like the burgundy(your blue) and green bins?
I honestly can't say I've noticed.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:37 PM »
Sorry but you were  down at No6 on the scorecard on the Derbyshire County League web site.
I was there but as soon as the downpour arrived I thought that was it and went.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »
Sorry but you were  down at No6 on the scorecard on the Derbyshire County League web site.
I was there but as soon as the downpour arrived I thought that was it and went.
I can assure you that had any actual batting been required i wouldnt have been at 6! In fact we were two down so number 6 was padded up....and i'd not even opened my bag let alone got changed and considering putting pads on! My pads havent been out of my bag since the end of last August i think!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk