Author Topic: Unwanted sales calls  (Read 2796 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Unwanted sales calls
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »
Is itnpre-requisite that anyone ringing you as part of a sales/survey etc etc call has to be a complete ar5ehole with absolutely no manners?

Had two of these calls today:-

Call 1 from EE (formerly Orange), telling me I qualify for cheap landline and internet deal. Respectfully told him that I was with BT and didn't want to change. He told me how much I paid each month to BT and I told him it was less than that - he told me I was wrong 'cos he used to work for BT! I told him that ' I wasn't interested thank you' and he said ' your loss' and put the phone down on me!

Call 2 from someone wanting me to take part in a survey, again I said I wasn't interested thank you, he said it wouldn't take long - I repeated that I wasn't interested. . . . . . .  before I'd finished he put the phone down on me!

Ignorant bar stewards!!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted sales calls
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »
Register with these, we haven't had any since I did ours and daughters

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Register with these, we haven't had any since I did ours and daughters

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

Been registered with them for a number of years, the problem is that they can get around it by either calling from abroad, which is outside the duristriction of TPS , or calling stating that it's a survey/questionnaire  :(
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Same here too. Been registered for a few years but still get unwanted calls.  :(
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
Tempted to buy one of these because the anonymous number blocker on the phone doesn't work for international calls
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CPR-Global-CPR106-All-in-One-Blocker/dp/B004BTVQ5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382466267&sr=8-1&keywords=call+blocker

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
Have heard those are quite good Slacker.
I couldn't use one as some of my numbers are caller did not leave their number ones (work) not actually with held
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
Were registered too, but have a different approach. If it's family calling us, they only let it ring a couple of times.
We dial 1471 and phone them back. We're with TalkTalk so all calls locally are free anyway.
If the phone rings 5 or more times, we just ignore it till it stops and do nowt  :))
If someone wants us, we've both got mobiles.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 06:31:51 PM »
we are with TPS it doesnt stop the calls coming though.
Most we have from the 00909 or something similar numbers or one or two with a london area code. We let it ring if its someone that needs us they can leave a message on the machine thats fine. Or failing that my mobile :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk