Author Topic: It doesn't pay to be honest  (Read 2556 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
It doesn't pay to be honest
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »
Remember me getting 'dinged' in the donut car park previously?

I reported it to both the police and my insurer, no cctv evidence found, contacted insurer and they closed the incident. I paid for the repairs myself.

Just got car insurance renewal - it's increased by £100!! WTF?!!!

I've been driving since 1970, always paid insurance, had MOT and car tax, NEVER made an insurance claim and this is how they treat you! Just 'cos some bar steward can't drive carefully he gets away Scotland free and they screw me on renewal!

Methinks I'll join the happy band of unlicensed, uninsured, untaxed and no MOT brigade.

Fecking fuming!!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: It doesn't pay to be honest
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:07:39 AM »
Get on GoCompare. Bet you find a cheaper deal.
Insurance companies take the pi$$ with renewal prices !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »
Get on GoCompare. Bet you find a cheaper deal.
Insurance companies take the pi$$ with renewal prices !!

Already done mate! Got it back to where it was before!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
Already done mate! Got it back to where it was before!

Glad to hear that.  I also stupidly reported a minor mishap that was settled without going through the insurance.  My renewal went up, so I used Quidco comparison and not only did I get a reasonable deal with RAC, I got some cashback as well.

I'll never again report a minor mishap.

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:19:42 PM »
Its disgusting, it's also why I will not bother attempting to take driving lessons etc, I would not be able to afford the insurance for starters

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 07:49:38 PM »
You think you are being loyal and getting the best deal by staying with the same company.
An elderly female customer happened to mention to me that her car insurance quote had come through from Swinton. £900+.
I was shocked that it was that high, so told her to get a neighbour to do a Gocompare for her.
She ended up with the same policy cover for £350. Swinton had been charging her over £300 for the last 15 year or more.
Blatant case of an insurance company ripping off an old lady off who didn't know better.
She was so livid to find out what had happened, she phoned Swinton to cancel her policy.
Swinton told her it would cost her £50 to cancel. She put the phone down in disgust. Glad she did.
I told her to let the policy expire, don't renew it, then go with the other cheaper quote  :)
She's since given the car away to a nephew(last year), she finally decided she wasn't fit to drive. She's mid 80's LOL
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk