Author Topic: Trump is the 45th American President .  (Read 2280 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
Trump is the 45th American President .
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:57:30 AM »
Trump has won but only just I expect his Presidency will be colourful in the next four years. Will he make America great again and put Russia in its place?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Trump is the 45th American President .
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:43 PM »
mmmm.
Well I for one don't like the man, I have found him both arrogant and ignorant at times.

I have found some of his comments disturbing - Is Hilary Clinton a better choice - well she spoke more rationally than Trump did but TBH I haven't followed their Policies that closely.
The French seem 'edgy'
Whilst our PM gave her speech and as expected gave nothing away as to her own thoughts - we have to keep on the right side of them don't we  ::)

Still I am off into town tomorrow to hopefully take advantage of the slumped Dollar - ready for next years cruise  ;)
I am sure I will have plenty of opportunities to catch up on what the Americans on the ship think about them both  ;)

On our last cruise ( from New Orleans ) we chatted with many Americans - and none of them liked Obama! So it will be interesting to see what America's people think!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
Trump has promised a lot in an four year term restore the economy , less NATO action, better relationship with Russia, rebuild the so called ' rust belt' , trade by country basis. I agree he does not come over that well but the Americans are willing to give him a try let's see how it goes.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »
Well the Americans are protesting - loudly, with demonstrations.
 Trump is Racist against Asians and others - he want to 'build a wall' to keep Mexican's out of America. Blaming the Mexican people for taking drugs into America?

Anyway - I've got my Dollars  ;)

redadmiral

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »
How long before an assassination attempt is made, I wonder? with so much hate swirling around.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 05:11:54 PM »
How long before an assassination attempt is made, I wonder? with so much hate swirling around.

Good point!! That's exactly what my hubby said!

WCT - some of his comments have also reminded me of our Tory Government - if he sticks to what he's spouted in the run up to this election I pity America's People

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »
American politics are strange thing they go from one extreme to another I think people outside of the U.S thought Clinton would get in. But Trump was bash in your face over the top played on American fears over the economy. Also perhaps Americans were concerned that Hilary would be influenced by Bill on policy and also the fact that her husband had been impeached by Congress would not help her cause.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 06:06:20 PM »
American politics are strange thing they go from one extreme to another I think people outside of the U.S thought Clinton would get in. But Trump was bash in your face over the top played on American fears over the economy. Also perhaps Americans were concerned that Hilary would be influenced by Bill on policy and also the fact that her husband had been impeached by Congress would not help her cause.

Never mind people outside of the US - people 'inside' thought the same - hence the reaction by Demonstrations.
However he obviously got more votes than Clinton so they will have to live with them I guess.
I agree Clinton's hubby may well have held her back but at one point she was in front??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk