Author Topic: Bus Fare increases from 02/01/17  (Read 4423 times)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Bus Fare increases from 02/01/17
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »
Any Chesterfield (Stagecoach) bus users please take note:

From 2nd January 2017 the following fares will be changing.

Chesterfield

10p or 20p increase on singles
30p increase on returns.
Child Dayrider plus increases from £2.50 to £2.60.
Evening Dayrider Plus increases from £2.30 to £2.50.
Chesterfield Megarider increases from £10.50 to £11.50.
Chesterfield Megarider Plus increases from £12.50 to £13.50.
Sheffield Megarider Plus increases from £15.50 to £16.50.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Bus Fare increases from 02/01/17
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 04:13:46 PM »
Are the day riders going up scimitar?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »
The other Dayriders not mentioned above remain unchanged.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 06:06:34 PM »
Thanks scimitar  (y)  MD
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 07:15:11 PM »
Question for Scimitar........ Christmas bus services 2018.

A couple of days ago I caught the bus into town {10:40 a.m. ish, Sunday 23rd December}, quite rightly it was a Sunday service and being of a certain age used my O.A.P. travel pass.
My wife went into town the next morning Monday {Christmas eve}, this service was advertised as a Saturday service,  she got on the bus {pre 9:30} and was told she could not use her travel pass so paid for a ticket.

Surely if it's a "Saturday" service then surely Saturday rules apply??

{For others info.... Monday to Friday cannot use your pass before 9:30 a.m. -- Saturday's  you can}
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »
Saturday service doesn’t mean Weekend rules apply unfortunately

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »
Saturday service doesn’t mean Weekend rules apply unfortunately

Exactly Scimitar, this is why I queried it in the first place.
To many people, operating a Saturday service means just that, if there is going to be any deviation from the norm then it should be mentioned.
As Judge Judy says "If it walks like a duck and waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck".
The same way as it's a "Saturday service" in operation, then ergo Saturday rules should apply {unless otherwise stated}
Still after all that I can't really complain... it doesn't cost me anything to ride the buses after all, it's just that in this case I don't really see the need for someone to move the goalposts when there seems no rhyme or reason to do so.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 11:13:32 PM »
I refer to my previous quote - simply if Derbyshire County Council refuse to fund it, are you saying stagecoach, Tm travel, Hulleys etc. should waive your fare & absorb the cost? Sheffield City Council still fund theirs I understand.
A "Saturday service" which runs on a weekday between Christmas & New Year is subject to weekday rules - in part because we concentrate on getting fare paying people to work on time, which is difficult enough at rush hour as well as trying to keep punctuality.
Imagine trying to do the same with "Senior Citizen & Disability passes" at the same time - it just would not work I'm afraid, and would potentially create many complaints about people being late for work.
We have to try and manage availability because of this & do the best we can.
I hope this helps you understand the situation a little better.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »
A "Saturday service" which runs on a weekday between Christmas & New Year is subject to weekday rules - in part because we concentrate on getting fare paying people to work on time, which is difficult enough at rush hour as well as trying to keep punctuality.

Of this I am acutely aware Scimitar, I do understand the need to keep the "wrinklies" off the buses till the workers have got to work, having been a bus riding worker myself at one time, all I was inferring was that if the service is subject to weekday rules then this should be made clear to avoid confusion on the day, I'm sure the vast majority of o.a.p.'s are already aware of this system but even so I'm sure it must have caught quite a few pass holding passengers out.

During the last couple of years before retirement I was entitled to, and used, a "Gold card" and it was maddening to have to go to work in the mornings and have to pay fare {pre 9:30} but used it on the way home.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 11:00:52 PM »

Of this I am acutely aware Scimitar, I do understand the need to keep the "wrinklies" off the buses till the workers have got to work, having been a bus riding worker myself at one time, all I was inferring was that if the service is subject to weekday rules then this should be made clear to avoid confusion on the day, I'm sure the vast majority of o.a.p.'s are already aware of this system but even so I'm sure it must have caught quite a few pass holding passengers out.

During the last couple of years before retirement I was entitled to, and used, a "Gold card" and it was maddening to have to go to work in the mornings and have to pay fare {pre 9:30} but used it on the way home.
I think it's been fairly clear over the past two or three years - I can honestly say no one has tried to use their card because the majority understand it. I know it seems confusing to some & I understand that.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 03:27:01 PM »
The wife went to town this morning {using her gold card} she was surprised to see a lady get on a few stops further on and the driver refused the cash for the ticket, saying this is becoming a cashless route. She said that the driver told the passenger to wait till she got off in town and get her {presmably} mega rider from the 51 driver behind.
Apparently our route is being made cashless, Stagecoach says this will be very beneficial, as people can use contact less, apps, androids, or buy your ticket in advance. One thing they say is it will speed up the journey time, this to me has never been a problem, it's the bus schedule were they seem to fall down.
I know only too well how difficult it can be trying to keep to a schedule {being an ex professional driver myself} but that old saying of "You wait half an hour for a bus then three come along at once" that has happened on more than one occasion, if not three then certainly two.

After all that they are STILL going to accept cash, on this route, in certain circumstances, so it's NOT cashless then!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 03:44:07 PM »
Which route was that on Sorastro?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 08:17:13 PM »
Which route was that on Sorastro?

Sorry!! it's the 54 town to Clay Cross {via Hasland/Grassmoor/Nth. Wingfield}

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »
Wonder if this is the first of many, or is it a pilot route?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
or is it a pilot route

It will with Scimitar'a driving  ;D
Zooooooommmm  .. .. .. .. .. ..
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk