Author Topic: Tory Minister Admits Voters No Longer Want Brexit  (Read 2006 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Tory Minister Admits Voters No Longer Want Brexit
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
Yes it is true i was watching Jeremy Hunt on TV this morning and he stated that to stop brexit all that was needed was three things, vote down the prime minsters deal, get an extension to article fifty and then get a referendum.
What he is saying if you read between the lines is that the Government accepts that if we have another referendum then the people would vote to remain and  as a result there would be no Brexit.
Now forgive me if i appear stupid, but i have spent the last few years being told how brexit is the will of the people and how it would be an afront to the voting public and anti democratic if we did not leave the EU, and now a Senior Government Minister has finally let the cat out of the bag by telling some of us what we already knew, and that is that continuing with Brexit is not about democracy or the voting public but more about Tory infighting and dogma.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Tory Minister Admits Voters No Longer Want Brexit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »
If I've heard correctly Theresa May says if you back my deal I will resign......... if true, irrespective of the fallout,..........
 that means she's won.

She will have got her twice defeated deal through, and then she can walk away leaving someone else to pick up the mess, it's June 2016 all over again. Exit Cameron, enter May, exit May enter god knows who.
The notion I've had for years to become an ex pat is looking more and more tempting!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 05:58:13 PM »
the big problem with May resigning is who will replace her and if it is a so called hard brexiteer we could be left in a worse condition than when May was misleading Parliament and the public, out of the frying pan into a raging inferno?.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
I don't understand why she thinks she can negotiate a deal that's worse than we already have :-?
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:18:08 PM »
I don't understand why she thinks she can negotiate a deal that's worse than we already have :-?
because that is what she has achieved, the real question is why, and i think i know the answer, the fact is everybody refers to the 2016 referendum as the first about Britains membership of the EU, it was not, the first refendum was in 1975, and ever since the tory right have have been kicking off about the EU.
The tory right have been droning on since 2016 about honouring the referendum and how the peoples 2016 vote is cast in  stone when they themselves have refused repeatedly to honour the 1975 refendum to the point of near self destruction, the EU has proved itself to be the Tories kryptonite, Thatcher, Major, Cameron and MAY have all fallen to the Tory rights obsession with the EU, i myself think this is because of the entitled publicly schoolled Tory right wing feelling that they have a devine right to rule and anything that challenges that will never suit them, bearing in mind that so far britain being in the EU has consumed the tories for forty four years (and counting) whatever the outcome leave or remain this is a is a poison which is set to drag on for decades.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Have I heard correctly that  Mr UKIP Nigel is returning to the arena?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
Oh gawwed.
He fought valiantly for Brexit then sat back and watched whilst the shit hit the fan.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 12:43:29 AM »
Oh gawwed.
He fought valiantly for Brexit then sat back and watched whilst the shit hit the fan.
  along with the tory brexiteers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk