Author Topic: Things that really annoy me  (Read 9518 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Things that really annoy me
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:22:14 PM »
Scottish people who start EVERY sentence with "erm"

Drivers who drive into a parking space only to struggle reversing out {'cos they can't see}...reverse in, drive out.

People who stand at a bus stop for ten minutes then when they get on the bus THAT'S when they start fumbling for their fare.

Dustbin men who leave rubbish on the road because they can't be ars*d to pick it up.

People in shops wanting the person behind the counter to check fifty lottery tickets for them.

Parcel delivery drivers who use scanners.

Scanners.

Phoning premium numbers.

Booking a holiday and being asked to "buy" your seats on the plane.

Phoning the doctors for an appointment and talking to a none medical receptionist.

Self service "tills" in supermarkets.

Blue badge holders.

Going for a meal {in a pub} and having to pay for your meal before you get it.

Noise {of any description}

Football fans who don't understand you don't really like football.

Appeal commercials on T.V.

Politicians.

Too many tattoos.

School holidays.

Body odour.

Mobile phones that give out that silly "whistle" when they get a text.

Mobile phones.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that really annoy me
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
 :)) :)) :))
Is the hot weather getting to you sorastro  :))

I will be adding to your list shortly -----

Signed
             Grumpy old woman
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »
List OC, I haven't even scratched the surface yet:-

People nearly walking into you because they are checking their phone.

Women's magazines.

People who can't string a sentence together without swearing.

Pubs charging the same for a pint of shandy as a pint of beer.

People who give their kids stupid names because celebrities do. {Please tell WILL.I.AM. that spells William}

My wife finally finding the shopping list at the checkout.

Lack of law and order.

A trail of litter leading right up to a litter bin.

Fast food and drinks cans stuffed down bus seats.

Metro's strewn over bus floors.

People who think laws were made for other people.

Not being able to finish a crossword as I can't get the last clue.

And finding a fag end on my drive EVERY morning {and none of us smoke}

O.k so I'm a sad old codger!! but it keeps me out of trouble.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
List OC, I haven't even scratched the surface yet:-

People nearly walking into you because they are checking their phone.

Women's magazines.

People who can't string a sentence together without swearing.

Pubs charging the same for a pint of shandy as a pint of beer.

People who give their kids stupid names because celebrities do. {Please tell WILL.I.AM. that spells William}

My wife finally finding the shopping list at the checkout.

Lack of law and order.

A trail of litter leading right up to a litter bin.

Fast food and drinks cans stuffed down bus seats.

Metro's strewn over bus floors.

People who think laws were made for other people.

Not being able to finish a crossword as I can't get the last clue.

And finding a fag end on my drive EVERY morning {and none of us smoke}

You are lucky my neighbour frequently finds dog poop on his whilst we --- don't get any.  ::)

O.k so I'm a sad old codger!! but it keeps me out of trouble.

Forgot about this TBH but will give it some thought

To be going on with
Having to continually repeat what I say because a certain person won't wear a Hearing Aid.

People who don't switch their sound of for their mobile key board ( does my head in )

Rap music

Opera

Jazz

and if Slim Shady doesn't hurry up and stand up --- I'll scream!!!!   :))

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »
What is it with women and shoes????????

We were watching an old episode of Who wants to be a millionaire the other night and one contestant a young woman possibly late 20's early 30's was asked what she would do with the money I think she said towards a deposit on a house and buy some shoes, when asked about shoes it turns out she already has 50 pairs, Chris Tarrant's reply was a gem  "Why?.... you've only got two feet" EXACTLY!!!
I said to the wife {shows how much I know} "50 pairs she must have spent at least two grand on that lot", my wife said "And the rest!"

It's the same when they are going out somewhere "special" they HAVE to have a new dress, but do they buy a dress that will go with a pair of shoes they already have, of course not that's too easy, they buy a dress THEN look round for a pair of shoes that will go with it.
Oh I forgot they'll also need a new handbag...and a hairdo...and a manicure...and pedicure ad infinitum.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 08:12:29 PM »
Victor - sorry Sorastro

Shoes  - as long as I have a decent pair I'm not interested in buying another pair, same goes for handbags as long as I have a handbag in black brown or white - I'm happy.

Smelly people - this hot weather has brought out a large number of people who stink, stale sweaty bodies and clothes. No excuse.

People who let their children run riot in the GP waiting room -
Moodiness
belching loudly
- and the other end as well
That chuffing cat which got into my hedge hog house for the food.
Lazy people

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 07:34:42 PM »
If one more female shop assistant says Byee Byee to me in that stupid high pitched Tele Tubbies voice I'll SCREAM.   :-X

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
Annoys me ?

Fake news and b**l s**t  (y)

I've seen quite a bit on social media today, never mind the supposed news agencies !
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »
and what with this goodgood response that I'm hearing.
One good is enough!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 02:11:19 PM »
I have mentioned before stuff all over buses, but it's got to the point now where these buses are just like mobile canteens. I get on a bus now, especially coming back from town, and these passengers get on with humongous cups of coffee and Greggs sausage rolls and sarnies and proceed to stuff their faces during the journey whilst droning on on the phone. Most of these people then alight from the bus leaving the remnants of their beano strewn all over the seat and floor, I've lost count the number of times I have got up during a journey to pick up a bottle/can that's rolling around on the floor of the bus and held it till we got off and put it in a bin.  We caught a bus to town about 3 weeks ago and one [double] seat no one could sit on as it was covered in what looked like cola, the bus was busy so a few had to stand.
My wife says I wonder if they treat their houses like that and I say YES of course they do they are just animals in human form.

I think the bus companies need to go back to basics with some ideas, things that are rare nowadays on the buses.
No food or drink to be consumed on the bus.....
Please have exact fare ready.....
Any troublemakers will be banned from using the service....
Able bodied must give their seat to the elderly or disabled......

Until at least those four rules are reintroduced the buses remain foul mouthed smelly mobile pig sty's, not a pleasant experience.   

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 10:18:35 PM »
I have mentioned before stuff all over buses, but it's got to the point now where these buses are just like mobile canteens. I get on a bus now, especially coming back from town, and these passengers get on with humongous cups of coffee and Greggs sausage rolls and sarnies and proceed to stuff their faces during the journey whilst droning on on the phone. Most of these people then alight from the bus leaving the remnants of their beano strewn all over the seat and floor, I've lost count the number of times I have got up during a journey to pick up a bottle/can that's rolling around on the floor of the bus and held it till we got off and put it in a bin.  We caught a bus to town about 3 weeks ago and one [double] seat no one could sit on as it was covered in what looked like cola, the bus was busy so a few had to stand.
My wife says I wonder if they treat their houses like that and I say YES of course they do they are just animals in human form.

I think the bus companies need to go back to basics with some ideas, things that are rare nowadays on the buses.
No food or drink to be consumed on the bus.....
Please have exact fare ready.....
Any troublemakers will be banned from using the service....
Able bodied must give their seat to the elderly or disabled......

Until at least those four rules are reintroduced the buses remain foul mouthed smelly mobile pig sty's, not a pleasant experience.   
You are unfortunately very correct with your comments. I have been a bus driver for close to 13 years & have seen a lot of changes during that time. No food or hot drink to be consumed on the bus - we should be sponsored by Greggs!                                              As for having exact fare - that is not a problem. We are not issued with a float by the company so if you can't give change we give them a change voucher - like an i.o.u. to be redeemed by another bus driver. They look in their hand like you have pooed on it when it's issued despite being around for a few years.Trouble makers (serious) do get banned- all buses now have audio and video cctv.As for able bodied giving up seats for elderly or disabled-that's usually the discretion of passengers & I find on the whole that they will sort it themselves. There is an official guide which I guess virtually no bus user has ever read and here is the link.https://www.stagecoachbus.com/conditions-of-carriage
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 01:00:11 PM »
Why is it necessary for {especially} men, when bending down, to show everyone the crack of their a*se. Whenever I go out irrespective of what I'm doing or where I'm going I put on trousers/shorts that fit round my waist, boxers that are basically the same height, a T shirt/ shirt
well down my back or if formal tucked into my trousers.
Instead they wear ill fitting jeans {or mainly track suit bottoms} I'm convinced most go "commando" and filthy T shirts that barely cover their pot bellies let alone their derriere's.
Just last week in Morrisons one guy at the meat display cabinet rifling through the packs of meat with his rear end on display, I called the wife over and said "Look at the crack on him" a woman about 3 feet away from me looked at me daggers as the bloke walked over to her, obviously her husband, I looked at her and said disgusting and walked away, she didn't argue.
We were just coming out of Morrisons only yesterday and there was a young{ish} porker checking his goods through the self service and was bent over {in tracky bottoms] to such a degree ALL his big hairy a*se was visible, another inch lower and we would have seen the twins, absolutely disgusting, especially if there is young children around. 
I blame the supermarkets, they are not policing their customers properly, security it seems is just there for shoplifters, they tolerate these lard*sses  because their money is as good as everyone else's, but surely there MUST be some sort of dress code when shopping, I heard a while back Tesco's stopped people shopping at night in their pyjamas {as some did} but it's all right for you to shop with your bits hanging out.
It's almost as bad as blokes walking round supermarkets in the Summer months in speedo's and little else, looking like they've just walked off the beach, watching them pick up fruit and veg interspersed with scratching their nethers.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 03:38:40 PM »
Or people who feel the need to buy a large 4x4 without having the ability to drive it!

Coming back from Hartington today there were several of these, and all of them had to drive with the offside wheels glued to the centre line of the road. What makes it worse is the fact that they obviously don't know the width of their vehicles and, on narrow roads, carry on with a foot of room between the nearside wheels and the edge of the road, whilst we have to go grass tracking!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 10:49:51 PM »
I've considered getting a 4x4, about 3 foot long, to hit the people who annoy me  (y) >;
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk