Author Topic: Is football really that important??  (Read 1383 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Is football really that important??
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »
Just watched ITN news at six and the world shattering headline was the sacking of David Moyes (who?) Manager of Manchester United (who?).

Second headline was the latest UKIP campaign and the third place headline was the Korean ferry disaster.

Now I know I've no interest in football (or most sports for that matter) but surely the ferry disaster is much more important than the sacking of some football manager?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Is football really that important??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:25 PM »
Not a huge fan myself - so if your question gets answered, please let me know.  ;)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »
Im sick of hearing about it.  Who really actually cares?

Fair enough report it, but not give it the amount of coverage its getting.  The media seem to assume that everyone supports Man Ushited.  We dont!
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:48:47 PM »
Funnily enough someone just sent me a breaking news story. 'Today a man lost his job because he wasn't very good at it. Another man is expected to replace him. After a suitable time period has passed the man will get another job'.
Nuff said!!!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »
Big Yawwn! They are always sacking some manager or other in football, wish someone would sack me!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »
I'm definitely not a football fan but even I know Manchester United is a global brand. Apparently it has a high market value of $3.3 billion – $1.2 billion higher than the next most valuable sports team so when the manager gets fired after 10 months it's significant news. It won't stay in the news as long as the Korean ferry disaster but short term, it's a story of worldwide interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk