Author Topic: Praise for Currys!  (Read 1354 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Praise for Currys!
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
Yes, I know you'll be surprised - but I have praise for Currys!

1) Last week we got a fridge/freezer and a washing machine for my Mother-in-law - thought it was a good swap!  ;) She is 93 and has artificial knee joints, so we (me and SWMBO) went and selected them.

They delivered them the next day and all was well - until MIL (glad I got that right!  8) ) tried to use the washing machine - as it's in the corner of the kitchen she can't get in front of it, so has to stand at the side. Unfortunately she hasn't enough strength to close the door - it does take a bit of a push to get past the seal. I went into Currys the next day and asked if an engineer could come out to see if the door could be adjusted - they said they would exchange it for a model that she would find easier to operate! Top marks  ;D

2) Our washing machine blew up 3 days before we went away last September - Currys couldn't deliver before we went so we had no choice but to go to their Clearance Centre (old PC World store) where we managed to get a perfect unused model (Currys Essential) delivered the next day. Recently it started making strange noises so we phoned Saturday requesting a service call. A callout was booked for Thursday this week - on Monday morning the agent called asking if we wanted an earlier day - it was re-arranged for this morning and he arrived, diagnosed a worn drain pump - fitted a new one and jobs a gud 'un!  ;)

Credit where credit's due  ;D
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Praise for Currys!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
Always nice to hear about good 'aftersales care'  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

simondjuk

• View Profile
Re: Praise for Currys!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:23:09 AM »
Always nice to hear about good 'aftersales care'  :)

Seems few and far between these days.  Maybe companies are starting to realise that we want a better Service (and UK call centres)
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk