Author Topic: New updates from Stagecoach from 27th October  (Read 4649 times)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
New updates from Stagecoach from 27th October
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:48:57 PM »
Service changes in Chesterfield and North Derbyshire from 27 October 2019
03 Oct 2019 to 30 Nov 2019
Important changes are happening to services across Chesterfield and North Derbyshire from 27th October 2019.

Service X1
Chesterfield – Alfreton – East Midlands Designer Outlet – Nottingham

• New Stagecoach Gold service introduced, serving Derby Road, Clay Cross, Alfreton and East Midlands Designer Outlet.
• On college days an extra X1 will run each way between East Midlands Designer Outlet and Chesterfield via Pinxton and South Normanton, replacing service X54.

Services 1/1a
Newbold – Chesterfield – Bolsover – Hillstown – Langwith

• New cross-town services introduced, providing new links, to Chesterfield Royal Hospital and Markham Vale, replacing services 10, 82 and 83.
• Buses will run up to every 15 minutes (Monday to Friday daytime), every 20 minutes (Saturday daytime) and every 30 minutes (evenings and Sundays).
• Arkwright Town will be served twice an hour.

Service 10
Newbold – Chesterfield

• Service replaced by services 1/1a (see above).

Service 39
Holme Hall – Grangewood

• Monday to Friday daytime buses will run every 15 minutes.

Service 43
Chesterfield – Dronfield – Sheffield

• Minor timetable changes on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Service 51
Chesterfield Rail Station – Clay Cross – Danesmoor

• Minor timetable changes on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Services 54/54a/X54
Chesterfield – Clay Cross – East Midlands Designer Outlet

• Minor timetable changes.
• The Clay Cross to East Midlands Designer Outlet section is replaced by new Service X1.
• Service X54 is replaced by X1 journeys on college days.

Services 55/X55
Chesterfield – Wingerworth – Clay Cross – Alfreton

• Minor timetable changes.
• In Chesterfield buses will start from New Beetwell Street, Stand B12.

Service 82 and 83
Chesterfield - Hospital - Bolsover - Langwith/ Hillstown

• Services replaced by services 1/1a (see above).

Service 169
Elton – Highfields School, Matlock

• New Monday to Friday School day only service introduced following award of Derbyshire County Council contract.

Service 216
Matlock – Cromford - Bonsall

• New Monday to Saturday daytime service introduced following award of Derbyshire County Council contract.

Service 217
Matlock – Darley Dale – Chatsworth House

• New Monday to Saturday daytime service introduced following award of Derbyshire County Council contract.

Service 470
Winster – Highfields School, Matlock

• New Monday to Friday School day only service introduced following award of Derbyshire County Council contract.

To plan your journey or find a timetable please visit www.stagecoachbus.com or follow us on twitter @StagecoachYrks

You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: New updates from Stagecoach from 27th October
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
They can't replace the 82 and 83, they've been running to Bolsover for as long as I can remember  :'( :'(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 06:32:33 PM »
In number only 1 & 1A . I agree wholeheartedly - why change the numbers? When I started there was the 81, 82,83, 84 & 85. I suspect someone in another county (south Yorkshire) has construed this. At a time when people are already confused from previous changes. I can't wait for a passenger to get on at Stephensons Place expecting to go to Newbold!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 12:29:30 PM »
If I read your post correctly does this mean that the 54 ceases to go to junction 28 outlet? if true it is it's not before time, I thought it was a stupid idea in the first place. Why they didn't just let the 56 do the outlet I don't know.

Also this X1 seems to be in direct competition to Comet who do a run straight through to Derby {via Alfreton}.

I wonder if Stagecoach would look kindly on me if I started mucking their Barnsley routes about?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »
I have huge concerns about the lengthened times through our village.
Care agency staff who rely on public transport to move around will struggle to meet calls in some cases.
Wheelchair users may well struggle to get to appointments if there is another user taking up the one space on the bus.

Not the bus companies problem I know but recent development approval gave an unrealistic time for getting from Tupton to Calow hospital and once the buses have changed their time table this is even more unrealistic.

The problems on the A61 are not going to be sorted in our near future that was made very clear from the meeting I attended in Wingerworth earlier this week again this will impact on the lengthened bus service time table.

It must be a nightmare for drivers on some days around Derbyshire.

Scimitar can I ask you a couple of questions please.

1 The wheelchair/scooter permit I do know of it but daughter was asked if she had one last week ( ( always thought they were for larger scooters as my friend has to book her space ) Daughter rang stage coach and asked about this and the person she spoke to knew nothing about it?

2 Would there be a possibility that two spaces for wheelchairs be made on buses to accommodate both wheelchair/pushchairs.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:57:24 PM »
We went up to the bus stop this morning {54} as I had an appointment in town at 10:40 and not really knowing the bus times we got to the bus stop at 10:05. the electronic bus timer said next bus in 9 minutes.
We were joined by about 8 or nine others and then we were joined by 3 blokes who had been stood across the road, one was carrying a tablet, he and another both had satchels, at first I thought them Jehovah's witnesses, but then the third guy asked us if the electronic sign had ever stopped working/malfunctioned any particular time, I said "You pick a day and time you won't be far out". One of the other passengers asked if they were connected to Stagecoach, they said "In a sort of way" it appears they may have had something to do with checking bus schedules, he then proceeded to give them his opinion on the service asking me a couple of times to clarify what he was saying, I couldn't disagree he had it spot on. 
I pointed out to him {the 3rd guy} that we had been stood there well over 5 minutes and the board STILL said next bus 9 minutes, as the bus came over the hill to the stop before us the board said 2 minutes as it left the stop it changed to due.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 03:59:17 AM »
I have huge concerns about the lengthened times through our village.
Care agency staff who rely on public transport to move around will struggle to meet calls in some cases.
Wheelchair users may well struggle to get to appointments if there is another user taking up the one space on the bus.

Not the bus companies problem I know but recent development approval gave an unrealistic time for getting from Tupton to Calow hospital and once the buses have changed their time table this is even more unrealistic.

The problems on the A61 are not going to be sorted in our near future that was made very clear from the meeting I attended in Wingerworth earlier this week again this will impact on the lengthened bus service time table.

It must be a nightmare for drivers on some days around Derbyshire.

Scimitar can I ask you a couple of questions please.

1 The wheelchair/scooter permit I do know of it but daughter was asked if she had one last week ( ( always thought they were for larger scooters as my friend has to book her space ) Daughter rang stage coach and asked about this and the person she spoke to knew nothing about it?

2 Would there be a possibility that two spaces for wheelchairs be made on buses to accommodate both wheelchair/pushchairs.
Yes, we can carry wheelchairs, disabled buggies and approved mobility scooters on suitable low floor buses.

While we try to run low floor buses on all advertised journeys, we reserve the right to substitute a non-low floor bus if a low floor bus is unavailable.

Detailed guidance about accessing our services with a wheelchair, disabled buggy or approved mobility scooter is available by telephone from your local Stagecoach company's Disability Helpline.

Read our full Conditions of carriage.

All I can do is refer you to our website at Stagecoachbus.com & see conditions of carriage. I don't envisage any future plans whilst cutting services as well as removing passenger seats to enable more room for more than one approved mobility scooter. Fewer people using buses (apparently) as well as bus companies struggling to survive.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »
Yes, we can carry wheelchairs, disabled buggies and approved mobility scooters on suitable low floor buses.

While we try to run low floor buses on all advertised journeys, we reserve the right to substitute a non-low floor bus if a low floor bus is unavailable.

Detailed guidance about accessing our services with a wheelchair, disabled buggy or approved mobility scooter is available by telephone from your local Stagecoach company's Disability Helpline.

Read our full Conditions of carriage.

All I can do is refer you to our website at Stagecoachbus.com & see conditions of carriage. I don't envisage any future plans whilst cutting services as well as removing passenger seats to enable more room for more than one approved mobility scooter. Fewer people using buses (apparently) as well as bus companies struggling to survive.

Thanks Scimitar  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk