Author Topic: Clare Boring!!!  (Read 418 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Clare Boring!!!
« on: July 11, 2023, 11:25:18 AM »
Is it me or is Clare Balding like dog sh*t, she's everywhere, she's never off the screens. Every sport event or programme she's there and now she's taken over from Sue Barker introducing Wimbledon {which I knew was going to be a mistake} I've read that Wimbledon watchers are far from impressed with her, and yes you've guessed it I don't like her.

I think the B.B.C. should try and woo Sue Barker back for next year and by the looks of it {if she does} she can write her own ticket.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Clare Boring!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 02:42:59 PM »
Never heard of her -
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 08:35:24 PM »
Using this post..........
It's Grand National weekend coming up on the 13th, every year there's an outcry due to the number of horses dying, especially in just that one race {4 last year} and every year their voices are drowned out and the carnage continues.
All because there's far too much money to be made to worry about a few horses, there must be tens of millions of pounds bet on that one race so a few do- gooders bellyaching about dead horses will not stop the "fun". 

I think I mentioned on an earlier post about Aintree, something to do with ambulances covering at the track over Grand National weekend when "genuine" patients dial 999 and can't get an ambulance to attend 'cos they are too busy rubbing cream on jockey's sore backsides.
Very few things I get on my high horse for {excuse the pun} but horse racing makes me seethe.

I put horse racing, in any form in the same category I would put bullfighting

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 09:17:53 PM »
Agree with you. I don't watch horse racing either

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 11:32:36 PM »
I don't watch horse racing, but 12 years ago, had a big fall at Beechers Brook at Aintree....inside the horse race circuit is one of the old grand prix circuits, and I was racing my car. Luckily, I was not hurt too much but my car was a tad damaged!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 11:09:21 AM »
Just saw on B.B.C. news this morning a lady horse trainer was being interviewed and he interviewer remarked how "she" had lost a horse yesterday as it had to be put down and her basic cavalier reply was along the lines of:-
"Hey ho these things happen, not too worry I've got more".

I'll never understand why it's even called a sport, and why the need for horse trainers? correct me if I'm wrong but don't horses already know how to run, they don't need to be shown.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 04:01:11 PM »
Just saw on B.B.C. news this morning a lady horse trainer was being interviewed and he interviewer remarked how "she" had lost a horse yesterday as it had to be put down and her basic cavalier reply was along the lines of:-
"Hey ho these things happen, not too worry I've got more".

I'll never understand why it's even called a sport, and why the need for horse trainers? correct me if I'm wrong but don't horses already know how to run, they don't need to be shown.

Hard hearted or what abd here's me crying  if I like a Hedgehog!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk