Author Topic: Boris!!  (Read 11011 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Boris!!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »
It think you will be found to be correct Fly.

In politics it's "Not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know". These Hooray Henry's have spent their entire lives in the same {wealthy} circles, they know each others skeletons and the cupboards in which they are kept.
A couple of phone calls to certain people in high places by Boris's lawyers and his muddy waters will suddenly start to clear. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that, not only will he be totally exonerated, but he will be such a spiffing guy they will be putting his name down for a gong.

Whatever the amount turns out to be I doubt the general populace will see any benefit from it.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 01:23:08 AM »
i think that boris needs psychiatric help along with any other tory who puts their name forward to be tory leader, if we think May was given the poison chalice then i would suggest that the poison for a new leader after May leaves is a hundred times more potent, the EU and brexit is a leadership killer and i would think that anyone who wants the job at the moment should be imediatly disqualified on the grounds that ayone wanting the job is quite obviously off their head.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »
Boris is the man for the job then.  (y) C:-)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 01:21:50 AM »
Boris is the man for the job then.  (y) C:-)
the problem is what will he f**k up in his hopefully mercifully short tenure

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 12:03:41 PM »
Allegedly....
Whoever takes over the reins at Downing Street apparently one of the first jobs is to "dump" the dead wood starting with sacking Chris Grayling the transport minister.

The only good thing about this Brexit fiasco is that it has managed to expose such blatant time wasters that were given jobs that they are TOTALLY unqualified for in government, and the £billions poured down the drain every single day through these ministers ineptitude. Everyone has always known politicians were a waste of space  but very few realise how much it costs the taxpayer.

It is alleged........
Thanks to Grayling managing the countries transport system companies are now queuing up to sue the government over preparations for Brexit, among them P&O...Stagecoach..Virgin... a rail firm based in France to name but a few. There was another company suing but that apparently has been settled and the cheque written out had a lot of zero's on it {all taxpayers money}.

Whenever Grayling or others are asked about HS2 they all say the same thing "It's on budget, on time" and I actually think they believe it, It's been way over budget for a long time, and god knows when {or even if} it will ever be finished.
If Boris does get in and he DOES sack Grayling he will have gone up in my estimation.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »
So according to the first round in the P.M. stakes Boris is streets ahead of the others, well if he's the best choice, the others must be a right shower.

As mentioned in last nights Question time his tenure as Mayor of London cost the tax payer £millions and as a front bencher even more deniro so as I have stated before what will he do as P.M.?

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 01:03:00 AM »
He's only the "best choice" from the point of view of those whose priority is winning the next general election.  Some of the "right shower" who are trailing behind him may actually care about the country.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »
Rory Stewart and Sajid Javid out, not a big surprise, I think that was a forgone conclusion.

The three horse race Hunt Johnson and Gove {sounds like a firm of solicitors} if Johnson does get it I certainly don't think it will be on merit, as I have said before there will be a lot of muck raking/ back biting going on behind the scenes. This is why Gove and the rest admitted their drug taking when younger, it was to get it out there first before the "opposition" used it against them.
Personally I don't think any of them are P.M. material, I would dearly love to be proved wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
Anyone who thinks this move for a new P.M. will be a pivotal turn in Britain's fortunes maybe deluding themselves, they are in it solely for power and whatever else they can get out of it.

Anyone reading this post, just re visit it again in 12 months time and tell me I got it wrong, I will be only too pleased to be proved wrong.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2019, 06:25:26 PM »
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »
About a fortnight to go.... I'm having half a crown on Jeremy Hunt {real name or cockney rhyming slang??}

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2019, 09:25:36 PM »
Allegedly....
Whoever takes over the reins at Downing Street apparently one of the first jobs is to "dump" the dead wood starting with sacking Chris Grayling the transport minister.

Boris then! {bang goes my half crown} I can't even give him credit for the above, because Grayling apparently jumped before he was pushed.

You only had to look at his face on today's P.M.Q.'s he was a dead man walking. It seems Boris has never been a big fan of HS2 so could we see the beginning of the end for this white elephant, either way thus far millions have been poured down the drain.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2019, 11:33:44 PM »
I didn't know Boris was a bit anti HS2. Whatever has been spent, I hope it gets the chop  (y)
Still a bit surprised he stuck it out and took the job. Must be paying him well  >;

Why are people still banging on about 'them' not having a say who became the leader of the tory party(PM)?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
I think you may be right on Boris and HS2, but I could have sworn he was not very happy with it in it's inception, but as usual I will stand corrected if wrong.

On reason could be that perhaps he's looked at it and decided it's better to continue with it than scrap it therefore is putting a positive spin on it

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2019, 09:58:49 PM »
It seems Boris has never been a big fan of HS2 so could we see the beginning of the end for this white elephant, either way thus far millions have been poured down the drain.

It appears Boris was making noises about not being overly enthusiastic about HS2 during the leadership campaign, even when [earlier] he was a government minister he was "talked round" about the benefits of HS2 but I never thought his heart was in it.
I think he will scrap it because if anyone knows about wasting money it's him.
Over £7 BILLION thus far wasted, homes and businesses left in turmoil, you may as well have got the R.A.F. in to bomb them, they couldn't have made a worse job of shattering lives.
Just imagine what that kind of money would have meant for the country, that amount alone would have solved/updated the rail situation in this country.... or better still have gone into the Health service.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2019, 07:44:54 PM »
Told you Boris was the man for the job.
He'll get us out of Europe. We'll all pay for it, but then again, what's the difference there.
We're all paying already whilst we have the Gov we do  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk