Author Topic: May should close parliament if necessary to stop bill blocking no deal Brexit  (Read 1474 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Reece mog has told May to close Parliament to prevent mps making amendments to government business, the truth is finally out leaving the EU was never about taking back control (of what), nor was it about bringing back so called democratic accountability to the "People", the brexiteers do not give a damn about any of those things they did not at the time of the referendum they did not want to take Back control for the People, but simply to aquire control of the people for themselves, how else could you describe closing down Parliament other than to stifle debate and prevent democracy, this man is antidemocratic and as far as democracy is concerned a treasonous traitor.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
It is farcical.
We are the joke of the World.
Even the Queen has had a dig at them. >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
As I mentioned about certain M.P's, this was pointed out on Question time last night.......

M.P.'s in general don't give a monkeys whether brexit triumphs or fails they have a plan B ready even if Theresa May doesn't, they have already "booked" their places on the lifeboats ready to row off into the sunset {or in Reese Moggs case employ someone to row for him}

This country still rules a vast amount of this world and yet treats the inhabitants of this country like cr*p, I've said it before and I'll say it again, If I'm ever fortunate enough to come into a lot of dosh I'm off to sunnier climes never to be seen again.

Here's hoping my next post{card} will be from Bondi beach.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
As I mentioned about certain M.P's, this was pointed out on Question time last night.......

M.P.'s in general don't give a monkeys whether brexit triumphs or fails they have a plan B ready even if Theresa May doesn't, they have already "booked" their places on the lifeboats ready to row off into the sunset {or in Reese Moggs case employ someone to row for him}

This country still rules a vast amount of this world and yet treats the inhabitants of this country like cr*p, I've said it before and I'll say it again, If I'm ever fortunate enough to come into a lot of dosh I'm off to sunnier climes never to be seen again.

Here's hoping my next post{card} will be from Bondi beach.
well if idiots like Mogg Johnson and Gove have their way it wont be spain or the mediterranean. they will  end up only letting us in for a fortnight.

Alsatian

• View Profile
As most of you know, I never post in this section. However I will make an exception on this occasion!

My overall thought on the whole Brexit issue is this (and please remember these are solely my thoughts), should David Cameron had given us the chance to vote on Brexit in the first place?

Does Joe Public (me included) have all the necessary knowledge to make an informed decision on whether this is a good idea or not?

In my case, I worked in finance for 20 years, and most of that time dealt with conveyance and delivery of goods worldwide. I know (knew) about reverse Vat for transporting goods across EU borders, but I haven't got the slightest inkling of the intricacy of the bigger picture and what knock on effects it could have.

I know we live in a democracy, but there are times when that just isn't enough, and think that this is just one of those times.

#donshardhatandrunsforcover
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
As most of you know, I never post in this section. However I will make an exception on this occasion!

My overall thought on the whole Brexit issue is this (and please remember these are solely my thoughts), should David Cameron had given us the chance to vote on Brexit in the first place?

Does Joe Public (me included) have all the necessary knowledge to make an informed decision on whether this is a good idea or not?

As I saw it {and I'll stand corrected} I believe the Tories won in 2010 mainly on the promise of a referendum and the result was only helped by jumping into bed with the Liberals. Then from 2010 to 2015 every time someone mentioned to Cameron about the referendum it was always manyana. So when 2015 came round he was reminded of his promise and basically backed into a corner {I firmly believe if he had said no to it they would have lost} and so had no option but to agree to one, confident that we wouldn't leave the E.U. anyway and so didn't give what to do if we did a second thought.
All people saw during that time was Johnson,Gove and Davis et al riding round in a bus with a whacking great sum of money plastered all over it, singing "Where in the money" everything else was just white noise.

We voted out.....Cameron resigned {best days work he ever did} and Theresa May got the job. It didn't take long for her to figure out she'd dropped a Bo**ock, but by then it was too late, What's the answer??? have a snap election this will have one of two outcomes:-
The Tories lose and that lets her off the hook....or she gets a resounding vote of confidence leaving her to do just what she wants.
What happened... NEITHER! instead she found herself polishing the shoes of the D.U.P. {that straight away cost the taxpayer a £billion}
and they haven't finished, they have the P.M. over a barrel over the Irish border and that's going to cost a lot more.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
frankly i do not giva damn about the irish border, i do not think there should be one, i say give ireland back to the irish, problem solved and if the prodos dont like it they should move to england or scotland or wherever they claim to have allegiance to, by the way i have no religious affiliations i just think that english rule has not been good for the island of ireland.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk