Author Topic: How To Build A Website Help Needed Please.  (Read 1838 times)

ironsky2

How To Build A Website Help Needed Please.
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
As you know I photo pubs in Chesterfield and Sheffield areas my collection is now huge with 1000 plus images. I thought about writing a book as one option the other been a website to house some of the photos. My idea would be a photo of each pub with the history under the photo. I don't know how to go about building a website what the costs are involved in such a project plus copyright issues to name a few of my concerns. I know from the views of my pub thread on here it would be popular as the interest in the local pubs is huge.

simondjuk

• View Profile
Re: How To Build A Website Help Needed Please.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »
You could try Wix, thats a free service (ive used it) but you can pay for extra features.

I honestly dont use it that often and you wont get a website called (eg) www.ironsky2.com, it would be http://ironsky2.wix.com/ironsky2 - or something along those lines

Mine is http://simonhadfield.wix.com/shadfield if you want to have a quick look but theres not much there as ive not had time to play around with it.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »
I can help if you want - I build them as part of what I do for a living - I'd be glad to help.

The best idea is to build it in Wordpress - software that's designed for the non-techie to use.

It would cost you around £40 for hosting on the web and you can get a name you fancy for under a tenner.

PM me if you're interested. :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

ironsky2

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:06:32 AM »
I can help if you want - I build them as part of what I do for a living - I'd be glad to help.

The best idea is to build it in Wordpress - software that's designed for the non-techie to use.

It would cost you around £40 for hosting on the web and you can get a name you fancy for under a tenner.

PM me if you're interested. :)
will PM you

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 07:30:45 PM »
You could do a master class Pete. I would definitely be interested.

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Form an orderly queue folks. :)

Seriously, I'm happy to help any member with this sort of thing.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk