Author Topic: brexit latest  (Read 4571 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: brexit latest
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 04:43:44 PM »
It's like the Okey Cokey.
In out in out shake it all about - and we end up with Boris  :-?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say.....She will be out of a job before Xmas...........et tu Boris?

I actually think she will be gone before the month is out....we live in hope!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 04:28:11 PM »
We will be the joke of Europe.
PM to hold a news conference at 5.00pm.
Could s.TM be resigning?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
We will be the joke of Europe.
PM to hold a news conference at 5.00pm.
Could s.TM be resigning?

I notice that Micheal {turncoat} Gove has "decided" to stay on, just shows money is more important to him than principles.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 08:18:51 PM »
Well she won the no confidence vote.......

Did she win because they have faith in her, or did she win because they want her out but have no one willing to take up the position.
Either way she's on a hiding to nothing, I almost feel sorry for her.

I said almost!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
Watching this weeks question time {BBC 1} even though everyone is obviously fed up to the back teeth with Brexit I thought it was very thought provoking.

Firstly.. that audience member who "slapped" David Davis down, basically saying as Brexit secretary he did s*d all and was a total waste of space and how he has the nerve to go on that show telling people what to do.

Secondly.. when someone in the audience suggested a "peoples vote" and when asked why said since the referendum we now know a lot more. Plus many of those who voted then have probably died and young people who were too young to vote 2 years ago are now old enough too and as Brexit will literally define the rest of their lives they want a "say".

Thirdly.. Someone suggested instead of another referendum a few hundred people were to be selected from all over Britain from all walks of life to sit round a table {a bit like a jury in a trial} and decide for us, and the country accept the answer, this will not only make the FINAL  {peoples} decision but it would be a lot cheaper.

Fourthly.. No matter how the result is reached, this country is now a divided country and may never again be united. Whatever the "result" those that voted the other way will feel aggrieved, and it will be a rift that will possibly never heal.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »
hold the front page britain is now a divided country because of the stupidly named brexit, SHOCK HORROR, am i missing something, has it not always been deeply divided between the political classes and the people, the rich and the poor, between the establishment who can get away with anything while ordinary folk are subject to the law, we have never and will never be a united country until some politician decides to do something truly revolutionary like institute true democracy, FAT CHANCE.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
It's the "ordinary folk" that's keeping this archaic system of government in power.
I have remarked time and time again you can't wait for the politicians to make change, it's like turkeys voting for Christmas, yes they make all the right noises but that's just what it is.... noise and lots of it. Every 5 years or so, of constantly moaning about the state of the nation, when polling day comes round the "ordinary folk" pile into the voting booth's {lemming like} and only go and vote in another 5 years of the same and then complain for the next five years that things aren't fair.

Why don't we take a leaf out of the french's book, they take to the streets in protest, o.k. overboard it may be but their way gets results, remember a few years ago when they burned British lamb. It makes me laugh to see those stood opposite Parliament shouting through a megaphone and waving banners about whatever it is, the politicians inside don't care whether the demonstrators live or die they are totally uninterested.
You can see that some of the "younger" end of the politicians do genuinely crave change, but I'm afraid they are pi**ing against the wind. Parliament is STILL an exclusive club and I'm afraid the voices of the people wanting change are constantly drowned out. 
We need revolution in this country, but I have a feeling I will be long gone when that happens until then the general public reap what they sow.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 02:57:20 AM »
Not much will be happening for awhile now hifimad - they have burgered orf for a break -----------

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2019, 08:33:03 PM »
Shock!! Horror!!  Chris Grayling is cr*p at his job

The vast majority of people knew this just a couple of weeks into him taking up the post.
A couple of weeks ago during P.M.Q.'s a labour m.p. stood up and asked how much the failed Seaborne freight fiasco had cost the taxpayer, Theresa May replied it cost the taxpayer nothing, seemingly she was wrong.
Thanks to "failing Grayling"we have now got to shell out £33million to Eurotunnel purely because they didn't like the way the government was doing business, despite what the Tories say, this is quite obviously hush money to stop the government from having to disclose to the courts the way they are doing business.

Grayling makes even Boris look good 

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »
really Chris grayling is crap at his job, who would have thought it, i for one am truly stunned don't you dare tell me that other torys are crap at their job, you will be telling me next that David Davis is a crap negotiator, Gove is not a back stabbing sh*t, and Chesterfield Borough Council is not a lawless, corrupt and abusive institution. you do realise don't you that You are totally destroying my view of this country, i am going to have to go and live in mainland Europe. oh i forgot because of that wonderfull thing called brexit i am likely to get sent back, so it looks like its time for forty tramadol then. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk