Author Topic: A617 Hasland by-pass road improvements  (Read 1375 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
A617 Hasland by-pass road improvements
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »
Just love sharing good news I do  ::)

Motorists are advised of overnight and weekend closures on the A617 Hasland by-pass next month while work to improve the road is carried out.

Preparatory work to surface dress the five mile stretch of road between Horns Bridge, Chesterfield and junction 29 of the M1 is expected to start on Monday 10 July 2017.

Both directions of the by-pass will be closed overnight weekdays between 7pm and 5am from Monday 10 July to Friday 14 July 2017.

On Saturday 15 July 2017 the eastbound carriageway will close from 5am to 11pm for surface dressing.

On Sunday 16 July 2017 the westbound carriageway will close from 5am to 11pm, again for surface dressing.

Surface dressing seals the road to prevent water getting in and cracks and potholes forming.

First the road is patched, if necessary. A layer of bitumen is then added to act as 'glue' before the road is topped with chippings. Driving over the road helps to bed in the chippings.

Surface dressing can only be carried out in the summer as the warmer weather is needed to help the chippings bind to the bitumen.

If bad weather prevents work being carried out on 15 and 16 July 2017 it will be postponed until the following weekend.

Work to sweep the road of loose chippings and replace road markings is scheduled to start on Monday 17 July 2017.

Both directions of the by-pass will be closed overnight weekdays between 7pm and 5am from Monday 17 July to Sunday 30 July 2017.

Our Cabinet Member for Highways, Transport and Infrastructure Councillor Simon Spencer, said:

"We appreciate that any road works can cause inconvenience to motorists but these repairs are essential to keep the by-pass in a safe and reliable condition.

"We have tried to keep disruption to a minimum by doing these improvements overnight and at weekends to avoid peak commuting times and we will endeavour to complete the work as quickly as possible, which may be earlier than advertised."

Signed diversions will be in place during closures. The diversion is the A61Horns Bridge to Clay Cross, Harris Way, Bridge Street, Furnace Hill Road, the A6175 Market Street to the A6175 Heath Road and the A617 Heath Roundabout, and vice versa. Other local roads will be useable by light traffic.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
Re: A617 Hasland by-pass road improvements
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »
I presume if  you needed to you could use Hasland Road  through Winsick and Temple Normanton and Heath village  and down to J29.There again  many other locals would do the same and it could  get a bit busy.
I think I would avoid going the Clay Cross route.

bransoj

• View Profile
Re: A617 Hasland by-pass road improvements
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:57:46 AM »
Could easily go out through Hady, Calow and Duckmanton to get on the motorway at J29A as well. The signed diversion will be better roads for bigger vehicles but nothing to stop local folk with local knowledge going all sorts of different ways to avoid it. Also the times its being done means it shouldnt be that much of an issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk