Author Topic: The truth about the old Queens Park Sports Centre!  (Read 2488 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
The truth about the old Queens Park Sports Centre!
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:17:02 PM »
Our friends in their glass house town hall on Rose Hill want to demolish the old Queens Park Sports Centre so let's ask the question what was wrong with the old sports centre why did the council waste millions on building a new one? The sports centre was built in 1969 as a swimming bath building later this was extended in the 1980s to included a tennis court and a gym and solar panels were later placed on the roof any extra power would gone into the National Grid and payments for this would have gone to the council given the amount of panels on the roof its fair to say it would have given the council a nice payment. Why didn't the council simply upgraded the old leisure centre why waste millions on building a replacement why does the old centre still have power on given its out of use ? No doubt planning permission will be given to demolish the building after its their building stuff the tax payer option. Why does Chesterfield still vote Labour who clearly like to waste millions ?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: The truth about the old Queens Park Sports Centre!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 06:42:27 PM »
There were meetings concerning this WCT. I seem to think people who opposed it were told it would cost less to rebuild rather than up date the existing one.
I'm sure someone will have more on this than I have though as I never went to a meeting
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 07:24:44 PM »
It seems to me the council do what they like and forget who pays their wages . Chesterfield people need hit back hard given that millions are been wasted at time of deep cuts I sure this building can be reused remember demolition costs money when I photed the centre I noticed a planning application it give the impression of a done deal and any public meetings are just a PR I can see it now ' we have have listened to public option but we believe its better to demolish ' translated we don't give a f **** what you think .

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 07:33:05 PM »
It's the way it goes at the moment - look at the pubs !
Just take lots of photo's = it's our past
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »
More photos of the derelict Queen's Park Centre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk