Author Topic: Operation Live - Channel 5  (Read 656 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Operation Live - Channel 5
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:17:46 AM »
Watched the above programme last night, which showed an operation to replace a gentleman's aortic heart valve.

It was amazing the advances of medicine in the recent years, which enables a person's heart to go on bypass and then be stopped whilst the valve was replaced.

The operation ranged from the seemingly brutal, where the chest cavity was opened - including using a 'jig-saw' to cut through the sternum - to the dexterity of the surgeon in inserting and stitching the valve!

I have nothing but admiration for all NHS staff and they're worth every penny they are paid.

Tonight's episode, on at 10pm, is a total knee replacement.

It was a far cry from the programme 'Your life in their hands'!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Live - Channel 5
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »
Watched the above programme last night, which showed an operation to replace a gentleman's aortic heart valve.

It was amazing the advances of medicine in the recent years, which enables a person's heart to go on bypass and then be stopped whilst the valve was replaced.

The operation ranged from the seemingly brutal, where the chest cavity was opened - including using a 'jig-saw' to cut through the sternum - to the dexterity of the surgeon in inserting and stitching the valve!

I have nothing but admiration for all NHS staff and they're worth every penny they are paid.

Tonight's episode, on at 10pm, is a total knee replacement.

Better keep hubby from seeing that episode - he needs one!

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Operation Live - Channel 5
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 08:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Alsatian link=topic=6923.msg45530#msg45530 date=1542190666

[/quote

Wow now your going back a bit.
It's only now in later life that I can actually watch anything like that, in my younger days I was very squeamish and even though your life in their hands was in black and white I still couldn't watch it.
I've not caught this programme yet but I will.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk