Author Topic: Grenfell Tower bonfire prank police over reaction  (Read 2971 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Grenfell Tower bonfire prank police over reaction
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 01:42:54 PM »
Agree with you Sorastro.
I was also a Mod and remember the fights between the Teddy Boys.
I always say I came in with the Beatles - as in the 60's You are correct in saying it was a great time.

I find today in the UK quite sad in some instances.  The importance of Family life seems to have dwindled and I cringe when I hear children being shouted and sworn at or given a game console to play with - we are creating lost soles where excitement is from crime or drugs.

Prisions can't cope and putting drug offenders into them isn't the answer - they get drugs in prison!

To me if a person goes into prison it should be for a re-educating, a training of life skills and preparation to go out to work - only there are no jobs for many, and from what I am learning little help once ou,t only sanctions if they fall foul of the conditions they are out on.
Surely that means the system isn't working?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »

I always found time for them and we went out to playgrounds, I shinnied them up to the first branch of a tree ( pretty exciting for a child who has never done that). Put wellies on them and went to the river in the village with a fishing net, sarnies and pop in a bag for their lunch.

[

i am sorry about this but i have to laugh, in the childrens home i was bought up in we had a tree in the garden and one day i decided to climb it, i was about eight at the time the man who ran the home called me down and on doing so i was trated to a comprehensive beating on the grounds i could have fallen and got injured, which i did though not through falling out of the tree,  oh what glorious times they were in the early sixties.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:51:50 PM by hifimad »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »
I didn't work in a childrens home.
 The children lived with me in my home and not ever were they abused in anyway. They were looked after as I looked after my own and told off if needed.

I know you had a bad life back then and it should never have happened.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 02:09:39 PM »
the really troubling thing is he was a fully paid up member of the hangem and flog em brigade and he was always going on about bringing back conscription and the birch and even worse an avid reader of the daily mail, i must admit i have modelled myself on him, by being the anithesis of everything he did and stood for, when i hear people banging on about conscription and the birch and hanging i can hear his sanctimonious rantings coming through the ether like it was yesterday.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »
the really troubling thing is he was a fully paid up member of the hangem and flog em brigade and he was always going on about bringing back conscription and the birch and

even worse an avid reader of the daily mail,   :))  :)) Now it's my turn to laugh - sorry  :))

i must admit i have modelled myself on him, by being the anithesis of everything he did and stood for, when i hear people banging on about conscription and the birch and hanging i can hear his sanctimonious rantings coming through the ether like it was yesterday.

You are obviously a fighter hifimad and the fact you allow yourself to remember things is very positive.
Sadly I think you will never get justice but being live your life and don't let the past spoil it x

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 12:23:48 PM »
"even worse an avid reader of the daily mail" do not apologise for laughing it was put in to be lighten my post a bit, though it is true he did read that right wing rag and would often read us articles from it at the breakfast table, usually the articles he chose to read were of a negative nature towards ethnic minorities and how the young were all thugs and those that were not were wasters and how the country was going to pot as a result. it was not all bad he loved to go on about the war and how people like him had saved us from the scourge of natziism, when i was fifteen at school we learned about oswald mosley who was a acolyte  of hitler, and how he was keenly supported by the mail and other papers, at one meal he was reading us some guff from his rag and i intergected and pointed out how his rag had supported Mosly and so by proxy hitler, and so anyone who read it was obviously a supporter of hitler he went beserk at me, but it was worth the backlash.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »
"even worse an avid reader of the daily mail" do not apologise for laughing it was put in to be lighten my post a bit, though it is true he did read that right wing rag and would often read us articles from it at the breakfast table, usually the articles he chose to read were of a negative nature towards ethnic minorities and how the young were all thugs and those that were not were wasters and how the country was going to pot as a result. it was not all bad he loved to go on about the war and how people like him had saved us from the scourge of natziism, when i was fifteen at school we learned about oswald mosley who was a acolyte  of hitler, and how he was keenly supported by the mail and other papers, at one meal he was reading us some guff from his rag and i intergected and pointed out how his rag had supported Mosly and so by proxy hitler, and so anyone who read it was obviously a supporter of hitler he went beserk at me, but it was worth the backlash.

See you are a fighter!! - I was right  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk