Author Topic: Traffic light improvements A61 Chesterfield  (Read 9140 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic light improvements A61 Chesterfield
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 10:34:38 AM »
Today at junction of Derby Rd & Storforth lane I almost saw a cyclist come to grief. He was undertaking cars in the left hand lane whilst one of the cars wanted to turn left onto storforth lane - the cyclist wanted to go straight up Derby Rd :o Luckily the cyclist stopped in time because the car driver clearly didn't see him.
To be fair to the cyclist, the car driver did not indicate he was turning left.

THAT'S ANOTHER BLOODY ISSUE - INDICATORS!!
I'm going for a lie down........... ::)

If you are now up and refreshed after you rest, why not start a Facebook Blog on this  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
Agree about the pelicans on roundabout exits...there are a couple off West Bars, one as you go up between Wickes and Matalan and the one as you come off to go down Markham Rd, both of which are a bit blind as you come off the roundabout concentrating on other cars as plenty get in the wrong lane and all the other stuff to deal with on roundabouts without worrying about a pelican suddenly changing to red as you exit and have to brake to let people cross. They also then cause traffic to back up over the roundabout where there are already lights controlling traffic so you end up with blocked exits etc through no fault of the drivers.

The one coming up Chatsworth Rd is particually annoying when you consider less than a couple of hundred yards up the road there is another one.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »
I'm managing to avoid it on there - anyone know how things are going - ?

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
I had a walk round there on Wednesday while the wife was swimming.There were various firms  vehicles  and DCC lories parked  round and about and drilling and hole digging going on.The main problem seems to be that there  is only  one lane in use from Horns Bridge going up Derby Road.Once the lights change to red to let traffic out of the  cinema complex etc there is chaos on the roundabout.
It will be interesting to see what  the end product is because as usual it is  difficult to imagine how the undoubted cost can be justified against the limited changes which  can be made to improve the situation.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »
Friends called to visit on Friday and told us the roundabout was bad. They witnessed a car driver and lorry driver in conflict on the roundabout - the lorry driver had got out of his cab to go to the car driver.  :-?
Drivers are going to get frustrated with other at times aren't they !

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2017, 04:49:24 PM »

Would someone like to explain how this junction is different from how it was before the works. (Yes I know there's no right turn whilst there's roadworks on the main Derby Rd).
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Road markings on the pavement ?  :-?
will all pedestrians understand what they mean ? Looks like you now need to read the highway code before you can walk anywhere !   ::)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »

Would someone like to explain how this junction is different from how it was before the works. (Yes I know there's no right turn whilst there's roadworks on the main Derby Rd).

Now come on fly - you didn't really expect it to be any different did you - this is Chesterfield  :))

Tarzan - some pedestrians will just do as some motorists do and ignore the signs  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk