Author Topic: Mines Rescue Station Stonegravels  (Read 10771 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Mines Rescue Station Stonegravels
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 08:03:22 PM »
That sounds a very interesting and rewarding job Brian, I would love to hear more about the work you do  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

BrianR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 11:30:14 PM »
Well Cruiser (I dont call people old), Im mainly engaged in rescue work in mines, now coal is all but gone, in metal, gold, tin, zinc, salt etc, and get to travel to southern Europe, Ireland, New Zealand plying my trade.
Luckily, accidents and disasters are few and far between these days, but they happen

Im just following my dad, as I mentioned he was at Chesterfield rescue station in the mid to late 60's

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »
My father and mums brothers were all in the mines at some point, and I have an uncle who is still around who used to be on the salvage team.
I've actually been down a coal mine and think the miners earned every penny and more beside.
My uncle has a picture I really like of him and a work mate down the pit - very down to earth - one of these days he will remember to bring it up for me to scan into my PC and post on here.

It's lovely that you have followed in your fathers footsteps, I'll bet he's proud of you  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »
Brian. My mum used to be friends with a lady whose husband was in the mines rescue, he would have been mid 60's onwards I would think. She was Gill he was Gordon. Racking my brain for the surname but can't be sure, might have been Colley
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

fransdad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »
I can confirm the surname "Colley". I was at school with someone with that surname whose Dad worked at Mines Rescue

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk